Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #19
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
WeeYari, hats off to you for rocking the yellow. The car in those pictures looks fantastic; is it yours? Bright yellow is a fast color. It goes really well with those mods.

The yellow Toyota used isn't a fast color. I'd call it a happy color, like something you'd see on a VW Bus. I still like it.

I don't think a more vivid yellow would have improved sales any. Hardly anyone buys colors anymore. Up until ten years ago, the top four colors across the globe were mostly all colors. Even brown was more popular than white or grey, for three decades! But, over the past ten years, black, white, and grey have moved all the colors out of the top 3. I had a link to a graphic that showed the top colors over the past 60 years, but my post was insta-deleted when I tried to post it. I was amazed to see that green was the most popular color for several years in the '90's. I love green. Good luck finding a green car anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
There are a few of us on here who have done transmission conversions. On the Yaris it is really not that hard to do, particularly if you can track down a wrecked one to swap the parts over from.
I'm sure that would be easier & cheaper than a (proper) re-paint, but more trouble than I'd like to go though. I know on the Metro, switching from the awful 3-speed automatic to a manual involves an ECU and wiring harness swap, along with a few other little details. I'd rather wait. I'll find one... someday...
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #20
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Here's a link to the graphic I was talking about. Maybe it'll work this time...

How Color Preferences Among Car Buyers Have Changed Over The Years
Old 09-21-2016, 10:56 PM   #21
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
interesting color chart. I hated white cars and white tee shirts in the 80's and 90's. then I lived in phoenix.... now I all I have/want is white car, and all I wear is white tee shirts.
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #22
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

I really don't like white cars, aesthetically, but I can't argue with the heat factor. I went around the parking lot with a pyrometer to compare cars on a 115° day, and the results were not surprising.

Yellow/orange was not too bad:

I mostly wear orange or tennis-ball green shirts.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:32 AM   #23
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
heck if you wanna go another rare color, try carmine red metallic or Copper Orange Mica (canadian color)
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #24
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I tend to think different colors, suit different cars. Black and metallic red aren't generally my favorite Toyota colours, although there are some really cool customized black Yarii on this site :-) Yellow can look really sexy on a Yaris 👍 So can white on a sporty customized Yaris, as well as white with a black hood and rims.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #25
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Well, a dealer in Albuquerque has a blue '09 with the power package. 53,000 miles, for only $5,000. That's at the low end of KBB's private party values, and below their dealer range. I wonder why? Just hard to sell a stick, or is something wrong with it?

2009 TOYOTA YARIS

If that was in town, I'd go get it today, but I'm not sure how I'd handle a car purchase 7 hours away, in another state.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Not that it makes a big difference, but it's just over 57k miles. From the pics, it looks good, but you never know until you walk up on it and take it for a spin.

Long shot, but any chance they have another location, or a sister dealership closer to you that they could transfer it to?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #27
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
Just hard to sell a stick, or is something wrong with it?
3dr + stick = a double negative.

The positive result in this case is reflected in the resale value for anyone who wants that configuration.

I find it hard to believe that you have to search that far out to find anything. I guess that's what happens when you filter out grey, white, black, and red. Pretty much only leaves you with blue and yellow as choices.

Last edited by WeeYari; 10-06-2016 at 03:27 PM.
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #28
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

There's a maroon one in Portland. I'd get that if it were closer.

If it's manual and yellow, I'll take it. If it's not yellow, it has to also have the 60/40 rear seats. That really narrows it down. There have been a few that were closer, but they had the one-piece seats that don't slide or fold completely flat.

I wouldn't mind a Fit in Tidewater Blue or Blaze Orange, either, but those are also rare. And adding cruise isn't nearly as easy as on a Yaris.

There's a guy real close to me who's practically giving away a blue Saturn Astra because he's moving and can't take it with him, and the camshaft position sensor is throwing a code (common problem on those cars). But the paint is toast, and fuel economy is not great. They're supposed to be pretty reliable as far as German cars go, but not Toyota reliable. 75,000 miles for $2,500... still tempting.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:36 PM   #29
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
screw it, look in mexico. lol.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:10 PM   #30
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

I'm closer to Mexico than I am to Albuquerque.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:53 PM   #31
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

I think I'll go look at this one tomorrow. Maybe I'm giving up on the split-seat thing. And yellow (that was a long shot). Rear seats can be swapped, eventually, from a junked car. The 60/40 seats don't seem all that rare in automatic models.

2007 TOYOTA YARIS COUPE

It's got sedan seats in the front. Bizarre. Why would someone put sedan seats in a hatchback?

The paint looks intact, which is rare here. It's missing a hubcap, no big deal. The plate is from the last month or two, so the seller just bought it. I wonder why they're selling it so soon? They're not flipping it, since they wouldn't have bothered to register it if they were.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #32
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Unimportant observation: they marked it as a 1.3 liter.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #33
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

At least they didn't say was a "manuel." That always cracks me up. "Esto es mi carro. Se llamo Manuel."
Old 10-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #34
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Ja Ja Ja! :-)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #35
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
I was at mazda yesterday, and they had a 91 Miata in that light blue color for sale. I don't see those too often in anything but red. 75k miles. (they wanted $8500, HA!)
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #36
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
I was at mazda yesterday, and they had a 91 Miata in that light blue color for sale. I don't see those too often in anything but red. 75k miles. (they wanted $8500, HA!)
Those are pretty! I'm a little worried something like that will happen to me. The car of my dreams appears, and they want stupid money for it.

I never got a response when I contacted they guy in the Craigslist ad I mentioned earlier. The ad is still up, but I think he sold it, and he's too lazy to respond to the people responding to the ad he's too lazy to take down.

Tags
yellow jolt