Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
jackrabbitnomore

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 Tires

I just replaced the stock Potenzas that came on my 2007 S Sedan, 5speed. I only got 32k out of the tires, could have maybe gotten another 4-5k but was getting uncomfortable with bad rainy conditions in C. Florida lately. They were the crappiest tires ever. Anyway after searching the interwebs for LRR tires, I discovered this new tire from Bridgestone, the Ecopia EP100. They are designed as fuel efficient with the lowest RR of any tire made to date. (Less than .05 RRC)

I've only driven them about 200 miles, and won't have reliable FE numbers for a couple of weeks. But I can tell you already that they are going to make a huge difference. I can glide for a long time, with a lot less decay in speed from 55-60. Also I can tell my RPMs at different speeds are noticeably lower.

Oh, I should also say that I also went up one size from stock (185-60R15) to 195-65R15. They just barely fit, with about 1.5 inches from the fender wells outside, but there are no problems with rubbing. The increased height and overall size give the car a much beefier look, and the ride and handling are greatly improved, especially in wet, windy conditions and higher speed (75+)

I will update this post when I have some numbers. I have been averaging 37 overall, with no real effort and driving pretty much like a maniac. I know I can now break 40mpg with just a little effort.
jackrabbitnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bridgestone, mpg, oversize tires, rolling resistance, tires