Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
A/C Not Blowing Cold Air...among other things

UPDATE ON LAST POST: HELP!

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem too. My car's A/C doesn't blow out cold air, the air it does blow out is neither warm nor too cold (but cooler than the air outside) and I know it should be blowing out air lot colder than it is because my brother's Scion XA's A/C blows freezing cold air and my girlfriend's 2000 Echo does too, but my 08 HB automatic doesn't. Do you guys have any idea why and what would need to be done to fix it? I've noticed too when I'm stepping on the brake with the A/C on and the fan is spinning but then stops, the brake pedal depresses more. Does that happen with anyone else?

ALSO, something that may be related to the A/C not blowing cold air, my engine overheating light turns on sometimes...so far twice, but only when I have the A/C on. The first time was on a fairly hot day, I had been driving for about 20 minutes with the A/C on and got stuck at a red light at the bottom of a steep hill so when I stepped hard on the gas to make it up the hill, the engine overheating light started flashing half way up the hill, but then stopped as soon as I turned the A/C off. I know cars overheat when you're climbing steep grades while you have the A/C on but I was only climbing that hill for no more than 3 minutes.

The second time it turned on happened yesterday. This time it was 100+ degrees outside and I was driving on the streets for 20-30 minutes in normal traffic with the A/C on. Again the engine overheating light started flashing, and again it stopped as soon as I turned the A/C off. This time I was concerned because I wasn't even going up hills or doing anything that would cause the engine to overheat. The only thing I could think of was the 100+ degree temperature outside, but is that enough to cause an engine to start to overheat?

FYI, my engine coolant level is fine, it's in the middle of the Full and Low mark.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by yarisitis; 06-29-2009 at 02:46 AM.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote