Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #19
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkTL View Post
Sweet shots.
So sweet. Reminds me of GTA5.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #20
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkTL View Post
Sweet shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
So sweet. Reminds me of GTA5.
Thanks guys.

Thought my front end was too plain, so I got a front lip from a CD5 Accord from a junk yard. With a lot of trimming, heating, and zip ties, I think it turned out ok. But now to air out in my driveway I have to park on some 1x4's so it doesn't rip up the lip . Excuse how dirty it is. Also plasti-dipped some eyelids on, not sure if I like them yet.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #21
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
New lip looks good!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #22
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
New lip looks good!
Thanks man, I wish I could've got it to fit a little better. My bumper has so many rips and holes on the bottom it ain't even funny. But it turned out pretty good for a $10 lip lol
Old 09-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #23
coheed

So I picked these up Saturday. 17x7.5 et40 ASA wheels, not sure the model. They need tires, but I couldn't pass up the super deal I got on them. I might have to run a spacer up front to clear the bags, and I'll more than likely run my 25mm spacers in the rear.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:23 PM   #24
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Those are strange and awesome!
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #25
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
Those are strange and awesome!
Thank you. I scooped them up real quick because I love hard to find funky wheels. Unfortunately hard to find funky wheels are usually expensive.

Test fit the wheels. Don't mind the flat tires, the wheels don't have valve stems. With 205/40's I'd have to run at least a 5mm spacer up front to clear the bag, which jams the bumper off of my fender. I may end up going with 195/45's so the ride would be a little better and I'd have more clearance. The rear is going to be no issue what so ever.

Also, I think I might end up painting or plasti dipping them. Since the paint is pretty scratched up. Any opinions on colors that would look good? I was thinking the Vintage Gold Plasti dip with glossifier.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #26
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
We have the same color paint and for mine I've always wanted gold with the sparkles in it like wrx/sti wheels
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 AM   #27
ern-diz

Nice. Gold would look good.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #28
coheed

So I have been thinking about this for a few months and I've decided I'm going to get rid of the Yaris. It has served me above and beyond what I needed for 7 1/2 years and I love it, but I don't enjoy driving it anymore. Used to, I would get behind the wheel and a smile would creep on my face no matter what else was going on. Now, I just drive it, no joy, no smiles, just a mode of transportation. It makes me sad that I don't enjoy my car that I've put so much time and effort into. I've decided to part out the car and sell it in a stock state because I'll get more for it and it will be much easier to sell it stock. I've decided I'm going to get another Aircooled VW. My first car was a 1973 Super Beetle and I've always wanted another one, but it was never financially feasible for me to own one due to the maintenance involved in a 50+ year old car. But I have a really good job and I'm making good money to where the cost of daily driving an antique car won't be an issue.

I want to thank everyone in the Yaris community. This is the most friendly and helpful group of people in any car community.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #29
ern-diz

Hey, I can't hold it against you, coheed. I've lost a bit of that loving feeling myself. I think no matter how cool a car is, after 8 yrs w/o driving anything else, it can get a little boring. What's the saying about the hottest girls? I think it applies to cars too.

Making matters worse, I went to the OC Auto Show on Saturday and went on a test drive with my bro-in-law yesterday (he's shopping for a new car). After all that, I've got one foot in a new Civic Si! lol

On Wheelwell
Old 10-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #30
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Yea man.. I feel ya.. I am in the same boat. I been wanting something different or just go back to my crx/EF roots.... My wife wont let me though.. I have been doing too good in autocross to just throw it away like that.. she says.. haha..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #31
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Hey, I can't hold it against you, coheed. I've lost a bit of that loving feeling myself. I think no matter how cool a car is, after 8 yrs w/o driving anything else, it can get a little boring. What's the saying about the hottest girls? I think it applies to cars too.

Making matters worse, I went to the OC Auto Show on Saturday and went on a test drive with my bro-in-law yesterday (he's shopping for a new car). After all that, I've got one foot in a new Civic Si! lol
I've just always regretted selling that VW. Even when the backseat caught on fire going down the interstate it was an immensely fun car. I don't think I've ever had has much fun as driving a 30 something hp VW on a roadtrip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Yea man.. I feel ya.. I am in the same boat. I been wanting something different or just go back to my crx/EF roots.... My wife wont let me though.. I have been doing too good in autocross to just throw it away like that.. she says.. haha..
But CRX's were designed by Honda for Autocross, no? Seriously though, I used to hang out with a guy that had a turbo B15 that would stomp STI's in Auto-X. Those things can be stupid fast because they are so small.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #32
ilikerice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
But CRX's were designed by Honda for Autocross, no? Seriously though, I used to hang out with a guy that had a turbo B15 that would stomp STI's in Auto-X. Those things can be stupid fast because they are so small.
Yes, Yes they are autocross monsters. I started autocrossing with my crx in SSM with a boosted b18 also. (btw, I think you mean either B16,B17,or B20)

I was too new to the sport to actually get any good... When I started in my Yaris, it was like a light just came on. I just started killing it. I feel if I was to go back to the crx, I can really put down some good times again.

Surprisingly I can stop STI's in my yaris.. as long as they are not pro drivers from nationals.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #33
coheed

Took her for one more trip before she went back all stock.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #34
soap94

Drives: Corolla
nice job, keep going!
soap94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #35
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by soap94 View Post
nice job, keep going!
Clearly, this guy didnt read the text... Haha

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:06 AM   #36
ilikerice

You know, in those pictures, I can actually visualize a VW there instead of a yaris. I see your VW style in the yaris