Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #1
furinji.saiga

Drives: Toyota Belta 2006
Post P0715 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor

Hello,

I have this trouble code (P0715) on my Toyota Belta for a while now, and i'm epxeriencing shifting problems. The check engine light is permanently on. The car would shake during every time the gear shifts and sometimes there is a lag in the acceleration.

Does any one know how to repair this ? I would greatly appreciate any helpful feedback on this matter.

P.S I have seen many mechanics and electricians and they are all asking for a Wiring Diagram which I can't find anywhere. Contacted the local Toyota agency, but to no avail.
furinji.saiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That sensor is used by the ECM to determine if the transmission is slipping (it compares the turbine sensor with the speed sensor). It is located on top of the transmission, next to the speed sensor. It is a magnetic hall effect sensor, so the output of it is a sine wave.

The part number of the sensor is: 89413-32010, 89413-60020 or 89413-28010 depending on which engine and transmission your Belta has.

AT - Revolution Sensor.jpg
Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 AM   #3
furinji.saiga

Thumbs up Thanks

I thank you for your input Scott, much appreciated. I have the 1300cc automatic model.
So far I've been advised to re-do the wiring for car, since the speed sensor appeared to be working.

The fault goes away when the electrician erase the code, but comes back when i turn off the engine and back on.
Would you have an idea of where the problem could lie ? Should I redo the wiring ?

Last edited by furinji.saiga; 01-26-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Additional Information added
Old 01-26-2015, 05:24 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by furinji.saiga View Post
I thank you for your input Scott, much appreciated. I have the 1300cc automatic model.
So far I've been advised to re-do the wiring for car, since the speed sensor appeared to be working.

The fault goes away when the electrician erase the code, but comes back when i turn off the engine and back on.
Would you have an idea of where the problem could lie ? Should I redo the wiring ?
I would suspect the sensor more than the wiring. How did he test the turbine speed sensor?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:26 AM   #5
furinji.saiga

Well I was honestly surprised myself at that... Two people checked it. The first one replaced the sensor and obtained the same fault. The second one merely had a look and said it's alright. I insisted that they should check more in depth, but to no avail.

However, there was one thing that I observed :

The wiring has already been done two times. First time, there were other trouble codes, the P0715 code was not there, no check engine light, however the gear was stuck only in first and second, no matter how much i accelerate the car.

On second time the wiring was done, the gear would change now, but with a noticeable shake with every gear shift or when i slightly push the acceleration pedal at high speeds. And the P0715 error came in, and check engine lights up.

Does this help ?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:23 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Well I was honestly surprised myself at that... Two people checked it. The first one replaced the sensor and obtained the same fault. The second one merely had a look and said it's alright. I insisted that they should check more in depth, but to no avail.

However, there was one thing that I observed :

The wiring has already been done two times. First time, there were other trouble codes, the P0715 code was not there, no check engine light, however the gear was stuck only in first and second, no matter how much i accelerate the car.

On second time the wiring was done, the gear would change now, but with a noticeable shake with every gear shift or when i slightly push the acceleration pedal at high speeds. And the P0715 error came in, and check engine lights up.

Does this help ?

In that case it definitely could be wiring related. The problem now is finding someone to check the wiring properly.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:36 AM   #7
furinji.saiga

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the previous confirmation. In the end, the trouble code happened due to the wrong wiring. I had a third electrician look into the matter. He redid the wiring and the trouble code went away. The P0715 code is gone now :)

However... the shaking during gear shifts did not go away...

The electrician hinted that the following are possible :
(i) the Primary and Secondary speed sensors not working as they should,
(ii) the catalytic converter has been incorrectly removed,
(iii) the resonator could be having issues.

Do you have an idea on what could be causing the shaking ?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:07 AM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Hello Scott,

Thank you for the previous confirmation. In the end, the trouble code happened due to the wrong wiring. I had a third electrician look into the matter. He redid the wiring and the trouble code went away. The P0715 code is gone now :)

However... the shaking during gear shifts did not go away...

The electrician hinted that the following are possible :
(i) the Primary and Secondary speed sensors not working as they should,
(ii) the catalytic converter has been incorrectly removed,
(iii) the resonator could be having issues.

Do you have an idea on what could be causing the shaking ?

Shaking during shifting would indicate more an issue with the transmission then something with the exhaust setup.

Tags
#input, #p0715, #sensor, #speed, #turbine