Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
Brettguy

Drives: 5 spd MT,black ASA iwheels
Talking What my 07 hatchback has been through so far

list of dumb mistakes ive made with my car ( it has 145k and yet its still in perfect condition)
- redlined it a couple dozen times daily during the first few months i got it (its my first car)
- engaged the clutch on accident while rear wheel was removed and it was on a jack, the car hopped off and scared the crap outta me, i expected something to get bent but no damage
- ive driven a few hundred miles on terrible corrugated/beat up roads just north of Baton Rouge, i thought the car was going to shake apart it was pretty scary
- previous owner smashed into a curb and made a pretty good gouge in the bottom of the frame, this was 10 years ago i've noticed nothing wrong with alignment, suspension or anything
- drove 30 mph into foot-deep puddles constantly the first year i had it ( again i was a dumb 17 year old), never messed anything up

just regular hard use
- overloaded dozens of times (would stuff the car with over 20 bags of mulch and rocks, towed an 1000lb trailer a for a few hours at near constant WOT
- used regular oil until 110k (now i put in synthetic myself)
- run through rough roads/construction areas way too quickly and was absolutely certain that i been something yet still nothing

things ive replaced
- front rotors
- starter motor
- ac fan
- belt, coolant, batteries, tires, oil etc
- got a good result from blackstone oil analysis (will do again in a year or so)

Road trips:
- this things done some epic road trips

round trip south florida to Aspen,CO twice!

hundreds of fast highway runs around florida

things i found interesting about the colorado trips-
the altitude takes away about 30 hp and every gear accelerate about an equivalent gear higher at see level (1st pulls like 2nd)
- between both trips i spent a solid 20+ hrs at WOT between 4k and 5k rpm
- i spent a whole tank without going under 90mph and i got 25mpg
- at the top of pikes peak the car takes a few extra cranks to start
- driving in the Rockies with a 5 speed is one of the most enjoyable things ive ever done
- living in Florida is a lot easier on cars than Louisiana and Colorado, plus i've never had long commutes with stop and go traffic (which is probably why im on the original clutch still)

im convinced this car is immortal
Brettguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettguy View Post

im convinced this car is immortal
After reading that, I too am convinced that it is immortal. Thanks for the fun read. And, now I feel like such a wus; babying my cars so much.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Toyota Yaris rust salt corrosion fail inspection junk yard crusher

Yaris Kryptonite is salt--crystal, or liquid calcium chloride
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote