Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #55
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by College3.0 View Post
Hey y'all....

So I've got this 2009 Yaris, It's got 205k miles on the engine, and I just replaced the clutch. So I'm hoping it will be with me for miles to come.

Also, I thought it would make me feel a little better about the cost of the repair to spruce it up a bit, show it a little love. You can't tell from these pics, but the front bumper has a crack (from a previous owner), and the clear coat is coming off.

I almost never see another Jolt hatchback! I love that there are others out there. Mine's just an ordinary working person's car..... it's completely stock, and I have no budget. But I'd love to fix it up a bit somehow. Shown here a few months ago with my new bike. (The bike has been upgraded quite a bit since these photos!)

Nice to meet you.
Oh boy, I know of at least one person on this forum that is super jelly of your ride based on the color and manual trans combo.

Hey, it looks like you've got some tint on, which is good. Also rocking the naked steelies instead of the hubcaps - +1 for that in my book.

You know, for under $200 and a little elbow grease, you could throw a set of springs on and bring it down an inch or two. The effect would be dramatic.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #56
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Very nice. That's me, "super jelly." I tried to find a 5-speed Yellow Jolt for months. Not a single one came up for sale in the whole country, so I gave up and settled for a Blazing Blue with all the other features I was hoping for.

Keep it going, you've got something special.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #57
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
Very nice. That's me, "super jelly."

On Wheelwell
Old 02-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #58
College3.0

Drives: 2009 Yaris Jolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Oh boy, I know of at least one person on this forum that is super jelly of your ride based on the color and manual trans combo.

Hey, it looks like you've got some tint on, which is good. Also rocking the naked steelies instead of the hubcaps - +1 for that in my book.

You know, for under $200 and a little elbow grease, you could throw a set of springs on and bring it down an inch or two. The effect would be dramatic.
Actually, I was thinking about getting it lifted. What can I say? I like being different.... not a huge lift, just a bit.

That tint was on there when I got it. I'd never had a car with tint before, and it's grown on me a lot. I scratched the inside tint off the rear window when I was transporting a huge steamer trunk in the back. Shame, too, because whoever applied the tint did a very professional job. Now I know better.

I'm having a good time investigating all the DIY repairs/mods on the forum. Making a short list of things I can do myself when the weather gets a little warmer.

Thanks for the welcome all.
College3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #59
College3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
Very nice. That's me, "super jelly." I tried to find a 5-speed Yellow Jolt for months. Not a single one came up for sale in the whole country, so I gave up and settled for a Blazing Blue with all the other features I was hoping for.

Keep it going, you've got something special.
Thanks, man. I got mine used at a dealership with 155k miles already on. I was going for either a Yaris 2d hatch, or a 1st gen Honda CR-V.... whichever showed up first. When I saw the little yella guy I remember thinking "that's a one in a million find" so I picked it up and I've not regretted it. One of these days I'll take pictures of the damaged front end, it's not so glorious from the front. But it's passable.

My only gripe about it, really, is that I wish the stick shift was in the dashboard, like was in the 2003 Matrix manual trans I used to have. It's not quite as ergonomic for me in the Yaris with the stick so low and towards the back. But I still like it. :D
Old 02-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #60
ern-diz

Quote:
Actually, I was thinking about getting it lifted. What can I say? I like being different.... not a huge lift, just a bit.

That tint was on there when I got it. I'd never had a car with tint before, and it's grown on me a lot. I scratched the inside tint off the rear window when I was transporting a huge steamer trunk in the back. Shame, too, because whoever applied the tint did a very professional job. Now I know better.

I'm having a good time investigating all the DIY repairs/mods on the forum. Making a short list of things I can do myself when the weather gets a little warmer.

Thanks for the welcome all.
Nice; there are some very cool lifted Yarii around the forum.

On Wheelwell
Old 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #61
College3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Nice; there are some very cool lifted Yarii around the forum.
Is it possible to find pictures of these? I haven't seen one yet, and have been looking. But possible I don't know where to find something like this. (I don't know any car mod slang)

rock on
Old 02-22-2017, 03:56 PM   #62
ern-diz

Well, probably the originator-none-greater is Crashy, brought to us by the inimitable, CTScott. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first thread on it:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=crashy

CT took a salvaged Yaris and created a supercharged, snow plowing dump truck with it. Yeah, for real. A forum search using the keyword 'Crashy' and threads started by 'CTScott' will bring up several gem threads with pics of Crashy's journey.

For a more practical approach, this thread by justjesus came to mind after your mention of wanting to lift yours:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=lifted

On Wheelwell
Old 05-17-2018, 03:01 AM   #63
bradbowl
Hatchbacks for the win

Drives: Hatchbacks
I have not seen a Yellow Yaris in the wild. I thought it was a mistake when I saw one listed for sale. :D This old dog learned something new today.
bradbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:36 AM   #64
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Drives: 2010 Ylw 3dr. AT(Blue-Wife's)
I just Bought a 2010 in March

It only had 7800 miles! (Yes you read that right less than 8000 miles) that's less than 2 5000 mile oil changes! (Though they changed it about 6 times in the 9 years)

It is a Loaded (Power Pkg. Convenience Pkg. Cold Weather Pkg.) Automatic Car

Garage Kept 1-Owner car came from outside of Chicago...I got it @ Dealer in Indiana...We drove our Blazin Blue one 400miles to go get it. We looked like a Yaris Race leapfrogging traffic on the way back!

Sorry the pic is goofy I wasn't able to resize it on my phone. "Just Crop"
Attached Images

Repair List:
1 new blower motor, making funny noise. @ 91K (Water pump @ 120K)
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
BIGTAZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:41 AM   #65
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Drives: 2010 Ylw 3dr. AT(Blue-Wife's)
Yellow Jolt ans Blazin Blue

I cropped this down...but its us at a Rest Area on the way back!
Attached Images

Repair List:
1 new blower motor, making funny noise. @ 91K (Water pump @ 120K)
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
BIGTAZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #66
ern-diz

Nice!

On Wheelwell
Old 07-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #67
College3.0

So happy every time I see one! I don't own mine anymore, sold it to a kid who just turned 16 and needed a car. But in the 5 years I owned mine, only a few times did I ever see another. I always tried to make eye contact and wave. Once I was nearby a university part of town, and saw two young ladies in a yellow, and I waved at them. We were both stopped at a traffic light facing opposite directions, and I spotted them first. When they saw me waving, they both visibly screamed with delight.

On another occasion, I found myself driving immediately in front of another a yellow with a Pikachu tail that I'd seen parked on a residential street, but never saw on the road. When they pulled up to me on my left at a stop, I gave them a peace sign and they were recording me on their smartphone.

Those moments really made my day. That yellow car made people happy everywhere I went. I'm trying to get another one, but it's looking like the new one might be red......
Old 07-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #68
bradbowl
Hatchbacks for the win

Drives: Hatchbacks
Quote:
On another occasion, I found myself driving immediately in front of another a yellow with a Pikachu tail that I'd seen parked on a residential street, but never saw on the road. When they pulled up to me on my left at a stop, I gave them a peace sign and they were recording me on their smartphone.

Those moments really made my day. That yellow car made people happy everywhere I went. I'm trying to get another one, but it's looking like the new one might be red......
If I had a Yellow Yaris it would be hard to resist adding a Pikachu tail. :web:

I have still never seen a yellow one "in the wild" but I have seen multiple of the also rare Carmine Red ones. I'm glad you enjoyed the thrill of encountering other yellow ones. :)
bradbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #69
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
That's quite a find, BIGTA. Congrats!
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote