Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:43 AM   #73
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Nope... Consult Tanabe for any questions you may have. Or ask Chris who has talked to them directly. They are cake to install and will save you some good money.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #74
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
Nope... Consult Tanabe for any questions you may have. Or ask Chris who has talked to them directly. They are cake to install and will save you some good money.
Will do. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #75
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I have the NF springs on mine and the stock shocks perform ok still. I am sure that it does cause some premature wear but not enough right off hand. My NF's feel like I am floating on a cloud. I would dare to say that my NF's feel better then the stock suspension.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #76
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
I have the NF springs on mine and the stock shocks perform ok still. I am sure that it does cause some premature wear but not enough right off hand. My NF's feel like I am floating on a cloud. I would dare to say that my NF's feel better then the stock suspension.
Better than stock? That's sweet! I guess I'll take a chance with the DF's. I'm hoping that if they're too stiff for me I'll be able to sell them on Yarisworld or on Ebay if need be and downgrade to the NF's. I think it's time for me to MAN-UP! I've got the tint that I can't see through at night and the horns that make grown men jump when I put them on blast! Might as well keep going!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #77
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
it wont be too stiff, ecpically with the stock struts/springs. It works perfect with the stock components.

I on the other hand, would still like to get firmer shocks/struts and finish the rest of my suspension mods (sway & rear strut bar).
Old 10-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #78
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
it wont be too stiff, ecpically with the stock struts/springs. It works perfect with the stock components.

I on the other hand, would still like to get firmer shocks/struts and finish the rest of my suspension mods (sway & rear strut bar).

I installed my DF210 today. HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I swear they feel better than stock. I use this DIY a couple of times as a reference and couldn't be any better. I also installed a Tanabe Medallion exhaust and AEM CAI I will take pics tomorrow if I get my rims installed, so Thank You Chris07LB
Old 10-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #79
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR
so Thank You Chris07LB

Welcome buddy!

I bet she sounds mean with your intake / exhaust combo huh?
Old 10-14-2006, 07:32 PM   #80
YamilR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Welcome buddy!

I bet she sounds mean with your intake / exhaust combo huh?
She does have a "pair" right now
Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #81
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
just a update after i have had DF210's on my sedan for some time now.

definetly love the ride, and the handeling is wonderful, and the stance is very nice, would have liked the body to sit a little lower to the ground, but what are you going to do?

but the one issue i have had with them is that when i have someone in the back seat the tire deffinetly scrubbs on the plastic inside the wheel well, not a big enough issue for me to do any cutting, but it is deffinetly noticable, and sometimes scares people in the backseat...

but overall i would recomend DF's to anyone that asks me :)
Old 11-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #82
sillyyaris
I've made a post!

Drives: 06 Yaris S
I just got some Tanabe NF210 for my sedan and my friend and I have already installed the rears. We're having problems installing the front. I was wondering how tight the nut is on top the nut that is compressing the spring? We can't loosen it or nudge it. We're even tried holding it down with an allen but the nut still wont move. Any suggestions?
Old 11-26-2006, 05:33 PM   #83
mrrock

Drives: yaris 2dr hatch
any feedback on the TRD or the Eibach springs compared to the above
Old 11-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #84
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
I worked at the damn thing for prob 20mins... but then again I dont have the best tools and I was working with a spot light; If you where to take off all the plastic pieces around the windshield wipers I bet it wouldnt make things easier.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
Old 11-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #85
YamilR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush
If you where to take off all the plastic pieces around the windshield wipers I bet it wouldnt make things easier.
If I remember right Theres only 2 pieces plus the wipers
Old 11-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #86
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The TRD springs are nice... they aren't quite as low as, say, the NF's, but they still provide an ample drop. The shocks drastically change the handling. Say goodbye to any hopes of a smooth ride, say hello to cornering 90 degrees at 30-40 MPH. Fun stuff.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #87
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyyaris
I just got some Tanabe NF210 for my sedan and my friend and I have already installed the rears. We're having problems installing the front. I was wondering how tight the nut is on top the nut that is compressing the spring? We can't loosen it or nudge it. We're even tried holding it down with an allen but the nut still wont move. Any suggestions?
You do have the spring compressed right? If not, you NEED to compress the spring before removing the upper strut mount from the strut.

Just remove the strut and spring together and take it to a NAPA or some other autoparts store that has a strut spring comperssor, or maybe a shop can do it for you. Either should charge you around $40 per strut to R&R the spring.

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
Old 12-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #88
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
nice DIY

do you guys had to (partially) remove the etire wipper support to get access to the bolt on the shock tower ? (pic is for a hb canadian model)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2238.jpg (300.9 KB, 560 views)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #89
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
any idea how to remove this 17mm nut ? Can't put the 17mm socket and the allen key in the same time as the nut is "deep"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2239.jpg (240.4 KB, 556 views)
Old 12-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #90
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Look at my pictures again.. i didnt remove anything but the plastics out of the way, and a long 17mm box wrench and long allen fit just fine...

It is a bit of a pain to get the right angle, and bite, but after a bunch of baby step turns, its DOES go tight or loose all the way.
Closed Thread