Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
20 Cars to Avoid at all Costs:

Yaris is on the list.

https://housely.com/20-cars-to-avoid-right-now/17/
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
The Yaris is an economy car and off the lot does as it should; gets you from point A to B. For us old timers, 11 years and counting of reliable Toyota quality should tell people something. As for creature comforts, being noisy and supposedly "choppy ride".. I have no idea what they are talking about lol.
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Wow, sure glad that I like to form my own opinions on things, or I would have missed out owning one of my favorite cars in 35 or so years of driving. It's also one of the least expensive cars I have ever owned if you take into account the buying power of the dollar at the time of purchase over the years. It is peppy & fun for what it is (at least the manual that I drive), ride is fine except on the worst of roads, handling is crisp & tight, seats are comfortable, & I'm averaging at least 6 MPG over what the invoice sticker on the window indicated when I bought the car. Shame though how many people believe whatever they read in 'Consumer Reports', etc. I hope that they are enjoying their crappy new Civic, Fit or whatever.

Last edited by Kalispel; 01-25-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
^^^ Yup. BTW, the Toyota Tacoma also made the list.

I've had a 2007 and 2014 Yaris, both GREAT cars... well built, comfortable, fun, practical, functional, reliable, inexpensive to maintain, plenty quick even with the "antiquated" 4-speed (which is a brilliant transmission), and very nimble.

Do you want to drive a noisy, uncomfortable, lethargic, clumsy little hatchback? Try a Honda FIT.. which surprisingly gets rave reviews!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:34 PM   #5
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
not just tacoma, but also the tC (says tC shows an iQ) and the iQ
i do agree with all the chrysler and jeep and mitsubishi products
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:02 AM   #6
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
"Choppy ride" probably means it doesn't have marshmallow soft suspension.

I admit that my Yaris was a bit of an unexpected purchase. We had gone to the local Toyota dealer as my wife wanted a V6 Camry, sold here is Aus at the time as an Aurion. We got better that expected deal, had been talking about needing a second car, so we took the Yaris for a test drive.

Went to the dealer expecting to buy 1 car and ended up buying 2.

To be honest, I much prefer driving the Yaris with its 2NZ-FE and auto trans to the other car. It's such a fun car!

Whover wrote that report has either never driven a Yaris, or want to be wafted along totally divorced from the ojtside world.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #7
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Bahahaha... I wouldn't get too upset, it's an amateur home finance, design and review site - the website is all auto formatted from a website creator. Articles have 1k views, all opinion stuff - this automotive one only has 700 or so, a bunch probably just us, lol. I don't get the impression this is going to shake the automotive world. If when reading about cars you source your research on junk like that, you kind of deserve whatever you end up with.

It was the A pillar in the Fit that especially drove me nuts, and the CVT, which they didn't have and wouldn't guarantee me a manual until I put money down. So I walked to Toyota who actually made calls and straight up said we don't have any, you'd have to build a 2018. But anywho..

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
joell

Drives: 2013 Hatchback
I will avoid taking advice from a website that mentions the Scion tC and puts the iQ photo, ¿who doesn´t know the Scion tC (Toyota Zelas here)? xD
Anyway, the informations seems outdated and many of those car are no longer selling like the shortlived Chrysler 200and the i Miev is long dead, is just a eclectic list of info from CR.
joell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Ugh, everyone hates the Yaris because it's "outdated" but I find that to be one of it's best qualities. The stuff works, why mess with it if it is still powerful and efficient enough to do the job?