Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
88ShelbyZ

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to 88ShelbyZ
And another one bites the dust....

So my Yaris got wrecked today. I was driving to class, and some guy tried to make a left across 3 lanes of traffic without looking. Caught me in the right rear quarter and spun me into another car. Bent the rim, passenger door won't open, huge dent in the side, front bumper cover came off of the car, busted all of those clips, busted the clips on the passenger headlight and smashed a whole bunch of plastic. I've had her for barely five months, 4600 miles and this. My first new car, too.

Pictures of the carnage:

Anyone had a similar accident? What's the word on the unibody holding up to side impact wrecks? Its at the body shop now, I should have an estimate by tuesday. The other guy was at fault so insurance will cover it, no matter what they decide to do.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't recommend driving above 45MPH without a bumper cover. But hey, I had to get to class.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Wow! Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're okay. It looks like the pieces did what they were designed to do. Come off easier so it cuts costs in repairs. But sorry to hear about this anyway. I hope all works out.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
Yea sorry to hear another crash story.....=< o well at least u are okay and thats all good...man......accident is everywhere even thou u drive normal and safe.....theres ALWAYS some idiots ruining the day! Maybe is time to get a new bumper?? JDM.....C-one.....INGS?
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Get yourself a lawyer.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
There's always some dick who's more than willing to enter your life for the sole purpose of screwing everything up. Good luck to you man, get a viscious lawyer indeed.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
sorry to hear that. possible suit?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #7
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
((hugs)) I'm sorry honey. I wrecked my first car when I was 17. It wasn't new but it was mine. And only had her ('89 Camry wagon) for a few short months.

So that's what a Red Yaris looks like smashed up. I think I may have night mares.
I'm glad you are okay physically. It took me a while before I wanted to get behind a wheel again. Then again I'm a stupid girl.

Did the airbag deploy?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Supposedly our car is in the top ten worst in holding up in a side impact collision....sorry to see and hear your plight...you are far more forgiving than me...I would not be online...i would be inventing ways to inform the individual of how bad a mistake they made....but that is just me....best of luck to you...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #9
jenarae

Drives: No more Yaris!
Same thing happened to me a month after I got my Yaris! I got hit by a drunk driver though, it sucked! Good luck getting things straightened out!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisTom73 View Post
There's always some dick who's more than willing to enter your life for the sole purpose of screwing everything up. Good luck to you man, get a viscious lawyer indeed.
OH MaN...what he said...i second it..Smack dat dum a$$ as hard as you can..

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
88ShelbyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post

Did the airbag deploy?

I was suprised actually, but it didn't deploy. Had it, I might of actually gotten hurt. Now that I think about it, by the time the front end hit something, I wasn't moving that fast anymore. So while it was enough to break a lot of stuff, it wasn't enough to blow the air bags.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Whoa that blows...i will deff drive more careful now. Hey, I can help you. I'll buy your headlights if you want.
good news is ur alright anyway. Hope things go well.

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Drives: 07 Gerbil Powered Hatchback
That is too bad. Everyone has told me that since this is my first brand new off-the-lot car that I will get hit soon. Makes me scared. Trying to do good things to build up the Karma surplus...

Hopefully insurance will do good by you.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing it's totaled or so close to it that you should replace it with new if possible...It doesn't take much damage to total out a $11,000 car, and with a side impact that spins you and bends a rim probably means rear subframe alignment is off. Hope all works out for the better...
jdium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
88ShelbyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post
Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing it's totaled or so close to it that you should replace it with new if possible...It doesn't take much damage to total out a $11,000 car, and with a side impact that spins you and bends a rim probably means rear subframe alignment is off. Hope all works out for the better...
Well, just heard from the shop, they haven't even torn anything down yet and still haven't put it up on a lift, but as you see it in the pictures - $6500 worth of damage.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
did you get a lawyer? That guy was a moron! sorry to see this happen. I really hope that i'm not next to get into an accident. but there are just soo many accident stories *sigh*

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #17
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I can tell you for a fact that even with $6,700 damage they won't total it out. Know from experience.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #18
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
hell I wrecked mine when she was 3 weeks old.... not even 1000 miles were on her yet.... I think it was like $3000 in damage