Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
jeff618

Drives: Mazda 3
Thumbs up Found A Rear Wiper Blade Replacement

I found an alternative to going to the dealer for the special rear wiper blade on the yaris . Its a "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" that snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks just the factory original - wipers123 online had them. They come with easy directions to pop the old one off and the new one on. For a while i thought you had to replace the whole arm until I took a closer look - basically they swap-out easy (like the front wipers). No need to get abused at the dealership...

Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
THANKS

for the tip.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Good to know, However.....

for WAY less money, you can get a replacement rubber insert from the dealer. No need to replace the entire wiper. This can be done for both fronts and rear. A lot of people are not aware of this, and replace entire wipers when only the rubber is worn out.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
I just replaced the rear with a Trico "exact fit" wiper and.......... no more chatter!

Yes, you can get a replacement (rubber) at the dealer. However I've found this to be a hit or miss siuation.
With my other Toyota I have gotten relacements at the dealer and they chattered. Also, with frequent use, the blade assembly can also wear out and should be replace for top performance.

Anyway, I also just replaced the front wipers with my favorate summer wipers (PIAA super silicone) and will be using the stock (front and rear) for winter use only. So. they will still be used.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
you can buy any 'insert' from any brand that sells inserts. i like tripple=edge myself. i had one pair on my jeep for 4 years with no wear or streaks...and my buddy had his on for 11 years with no streaks
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
My latest discovery is that the more expensive wipers wear out just as quick as the cheapest ones. I bought the fancy pancy $25 dollar per wiper, and it wore out in just one season. The $4.50 wipers I bought at walmart works perfectly, and will afford me more frequent replacements.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
thanks for the tip on wipers123 just made a big order
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
holy old thread batman!

On Topic: just use the toyota inserts, they are only like 4-5 bucks and the factory inserts are coated (make sure you get the factory ones, not the cheaper line)
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepartsmancometh View Post
holy old thread batman!

On Topic: just use the toyota inserts, they are only like 4-5 bucks and the factory inserts are coated (make sure you get the factory ones, not the cheaper line)
^knows not too much about the specific needs of a glass cleaning
system to handle new england and Canada winter driving.....
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote