Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #271
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Hot damn thats a angry looking yaris. I cant wait to get my grill back from the bodyshop tomorrow. But atlas its raining in my area so going to be a week before i can install it.

I also had my rear chrome piece on the trunk color matched too to give the rear end a wider appearance. Ill post pics up as soon as i get everything installed. Also have my bottom lip to install at same time.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #272
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
I also had my rear chrome piece on the trunk color matched too to give the rear end a wider appearance. Ill post pics up as soon as i get everything installed.
I'm real curious about the rear chrome piece. That's like the only piece of chrome on my sedan, besides the Yaris badge. I've toyed with color matching it. So when it's done, definately post up some pics! I'm looking forward to seeing the 'end' results.
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #273
YarisSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
I'm real curious about the rear chrome piece. That's like the only piece of chrome on my sedan, besides the Yaris badge. I've toyed with color matching it. So when it's done, definately post up some pics! I'm looking forward to seeing the 'end' results.
I been debating about painting it for awile. Every day i see corollas and camrys on the road with the piece color matched and gives the car a cleaner look. But on the yaris they made it chrome for whatever reason. It makes the rear end look smaller and makes our already subcompact car even more compact looking.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #274
smofskra

Drives: 08 Flint Mica Sedan
Send a message via MSN to smofskra Send a message via Yahoo to smofskra
I have a flint mica sedan and i used charcoal metallic paint and it looks pretty good
Attached Images

smofskra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #275
Herbicidal

Cool. Looks like you did the Toyota emblem too. Can you post a shot taken from directly behind your car?
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #276
YarisSedan

It looks much better in the light. Was raining today though. As you can tell it makes the rear end of the car look a lot wider. Parked next to my brothers corolla from the back they look nearly the same size. Before with the chrome in the center is where your eyes are drawn to it makes the car appear smaller. To me has a more clean look.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 AM   #277
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewboii View Post
i actually really like that grill a lot,

where did it come from?
PM "Cali Yaris" (Garm) to see if he has any more in stock. I got it from him.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #278
Herbicidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
It looks much better in the light. Was raining today though. As you can tell it makes the rear end of the car look a lot wider. Parked next to my brothers corolla from the back they look nearly the same size. Before with the chrome in the center is where your eyes are drawn to it makes the car appear smaller. To me has a more clean look.
Thanks! I like the look too. Must have been the angle on those other pics as the Toyota emblem is not painted. My bad.

One more question, did you replace the turn signal bulb with something other than yellow? In your pictures I don't see the yellow bulb. I recall someone did that but I don't remember who...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #279
YarisSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
Thanks! I like the look too. Must have been the angle on those other pics as the Toyota emblem is not painted. My bad.

One more question, did you replace the turn signal bulb with something other than yellow? In your pictures I don't see the yellow bulb. I recall someone did that but I don't remember who...

Yeah i have chrome tail light bulbs they do flash yellow though when signalling. I have chrome reverse lights too that give a very bright white light when backing up.

If you look up the part number for the bulb just type it in the search on ebay with the word chrome. Or use the search button i think someone had posted a good brand and bulb type before.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #280
jpadua
http://www.viosgen2.com

Drives: Vios 1.5G
Send a message via Yahoo to jpadua
Hey guys, I just got my chrome trim for the grill, check it out... I think it looks ok... I was a bit skeptical at first but it turned out ok.

By the way, my grill, is very similar to the one that Cali Yaris is selling, except I had it customized, I had the bottom bump below the toyota logo shaved to make it thinner. I also added black vinyl on the top lip to make it two tone. Added the chrome trim, and viola! it looks totally unique now.
jpadua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #281
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Asteeeg ng Vios mo!
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #282
jpadua

@kaoticlasagna - ey bro! what do you think of the chrome trim?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #283
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
Some new pics since I got my foglights installed.

And my car next to a local stock one

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #284
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpadua View Post
@kaoticlasagna - ey bro! what do you think of the chrome trim?
You get my

I'm not much into chrome, but it really compliments the chrome trims. I thought about it for mine after I saw yours, but I don't think it'll look good on a dark colored car like mine. It really goes well with your silver.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #285
vios7
Guy Next Door

Drives: Vios S Sedan
Quote:

WOW...I LIKE THAT!!, BEFORE THIS I DONT LIKE TO MUCH THAT KIND OF GRILL..AFTER U PUT THAT CHROME TRIM..I THINK It LOOK AWESOME!' FIRST TIME I SEE THIS.

HOW MUCH THE COST BRO?

Last edited by vios7; 02-22-2009 at 06:54 AM.
vios7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #286
jpadua

Quote:
Originally Posted by vios7 View Post
WOW...I LIKE THAT!!, BEFORE THIS I DONT LIKE TO MUCH THAT KIND OF GRILL..AFTER U PUT THAT CHROME TRIM..I THINK I LOOK AWESOME!' FIRST TIME I SEE THIS.

HOW MUCH THE COST BRO?
Thanks vios7! I got it off of ebay, its about $14 but shipping to the philippines is like $35 so about $50 but I definatly think its worth it, coz it really stands out, especially if you have a mesh grill.

Just do a search on ebay for yaris and you'll hit one of the auction pages for sure.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #287
jpadua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
You get my

I'm not much into chrome, but it really compliments the chrome trims. I thought about it for mine after I saw yours, but I don't think it'll look good on a dark colored car like mine. It really goes well with your silver.

yeah I thought about that before, since I already had the chrome trim on the trunk, it made sense to have it in front as well, heheh it makes my vios look unique too. I like the outcome, I was skeptical at first, I said to myself, I'll buy it, if I dont like it I'll just sell it cheap, but it turned out ok afterall and I'm pretty happy with it :)
Old 02-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #288
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
yeah I thought about that before, since I already had the chrome trim on the trunk, it made sense to have it in front as well, heheh it makes my vios look unique too. I like the outcome, I was skeptical at first, I said to myself, I'll buy it, if I dont like it I'll just sell it cheap, but it turned out ok afterall and I'm pretty happy with it :)
Yeah, I like it for that reason too. I have pieces of chrome here and there (well, since the trunk trim was chrome, I went and bought chrome license plate frames). I like the chrome "wing" you have, but I really don't think it'll look nice on mine for the reason I stated earlier