Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 AM   #73
blake111887
Yarisonater

Drives: NAUTICAL BLUE 07 YARIS SEDAN
Send a message via AIM to blake111887
wussup chino, low 11's huh? thats pretty cool man, dont know how you did it but you did. your on to something man, i just cant wait till you start producing it, cuz im definitely getting one. and the engine sound pretty damn beastly btw your bringin a whole new light to the 1NZ's.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #74
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Low 11's when it comes to your air-fuel ratio, not quarter mile times if that is what you thought I meant.

My car is definitely faster with this intake. The graphs prove that much. Peak HP increased a bit and torque stayed pretty much the same, but the difference is in how soon I am getting power and how late I am losing it. By about 3000 RPM I am within 3 ft/lbs of peak torque, and that doesn't change until about 5200 RPM. That makes me extremely happy.

The kicker is the AFR readings with the new parts... still not sure what to make of it. We will see what it is with the exhaust on.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 AM   #75
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
AFR numbers look pretty much on par with what I am seeing.

I'd be curious to put my stock air box back on and see if there's a difference...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 AM   #76
ChinoCharles
Banned

Yeah, but your intake is weird. Are you running a wideband? You should throw the stockie on and see what happens... takes 10 minutes. Pwetty pweeze?

I may help throw Joe's car on the dyno this weekend. If that TRD intake runs rich, watch out... I am going to explode.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:35 AM   #77
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yes... you have your ugly Betty, I have my TwistyTake...

I'm pretty sure my sensor is not wideband, might look into upgrading in the future. How are you getting your readings? At the dyno place, or do you have a new sensor we do not know about?

Gonna be a busy week here, so it sounds like it'll be a weekend project

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 AM   #78
ChinoCharles
Banned

Dyno gives AFR, as well as 4089374872 other readings. Pretty cool shit. I wish I magically had a wideband and AFR gauge... thats about one grand down the road though.

Thomas, don't worry about it... well, don't do it for me. If you're curious yourself, swap them, but I'll find what I'm looking for one way or another.

Tomorrow is supposed to be just uber nice weather here, so I am going to do some fun stuff to the ride. Painted rear badge, a more involved light tinting and a finished power window kit. I'm just excited to get outside.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:53 AM   #79
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Thomas, don't worry about it... well, don't do it for me. If you're curious yourself, swap them, but I'll find what I'm looking for one way or another.
Don't worry darling, I would do anything for you

Ah nothing like a sunny modding day... Have fun!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #80
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Dyno gives AFR, as well as 4089374872 other readings.
you relize that is someones phone # in San Jose CA?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #81
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

who's gonna dare to prank call..

"You just won a Toyota Yaris courtesy of yarisworld dot com! Just send us $15,000 to ship it over to you!"

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #82
blake111887
Yarisonater

Drives: NAUTICAL BLUE 07 YARIS SEDAN
Send a message via AIM to blake111887
Quote:
Low 11's when it comes to your air-fuel ratio, not quarter mile times if that is what you thought I meant.

My car is definitely faster with this intake. The graphs prove that much. Peak HP increased a bit and torque stayed pretty much the same, but the difference is in how soon I am getting power and how late I am losing it. By about 3000 RPM I am within 3 ft/lbs of peak torque, and that doesn't change until about 5200 RPM. That makes me extremely happy.

The kicker is the AFR readings with the new parts... still not sure what to make of it. We will see what it is with the exhaust on.
yea i know AFR low 11's thats still pretty danm good, and and increase in HP early in the rpms up to the late 5200's not bad either, with an exaust you should deffinitly see a greater increase in the performance of this intake. all that air needs help getting outta the engine and thats what the exaust does.
it should help.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #83
Black Yaris
der Zeck

WTF.... I jump in my car first thing in the morn, and my car threw a check engine light... WTF???? I double checked all connections, everything a-ok... WTF... why does my car not like the modded TRD intake... it is 95% like Chino's.... I am going to swap back to the stock box for shits and giggles to make the light go away then work from that... more updates later

BTW... It is FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL outside in Ohio today... think they said 70... my ass is out side all day, I only came in to make this post, and to check my email
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #84
ChinoCharles
Banned

Aw, sorry to hear that Joe! BOOOO if you need it cleared we've got the hardware.

And yes, its fucking crazy outside. I just found the problem with my window kit so that is almost finished now, I'm zip tying and putting panels back on as we speak. Headlights are coming off too... if I can figure out how.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #85
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Aw, sorry to hear that Joe! BOOOO if you need it cleared we've got the hardware.

And yes, its fucking crazy outside. I just found the problem with my window kit so that is almost finished now, I'm zip tying and putting panels back on as we speak. Headlights are coming off too... if I can figure out how.
are you painting your healights tonight aswell? I figured while I had my bumper pulled down to reinstall the FULL TuRD intake I will just bake my lights and paint them, go down to the AZ and get the LED's to replace those ugly orange stocks... Today would have been a good day to road trip out that way... but I am doing too much shit around the house and to my car :)
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #86
ChinoCharles
Banned

The headlights are already out. I'm masking them now... and my power windows work again.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #87
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
The headlights are already out. I'm masking them now... and my power windows work again.
damn you chino... you are already ahead of me... I have to wait till the wife goes to work so she don't bitch.... you baking them? or they just pulling apart in the warm temp we are having today?

Damn this is a far cry from DIY intake
Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #88
ChinoCharles
Banned

Its all good. Its my thread. -Cartman voice- I do what I want!

Not baking them or pulling them apart. I'm selling out... I bought a can of night shades. I'm redoing the tail lights and side markers to look the same as they did with the vinyl but a tad darker. The headlights are getting eyebrows. No more orange reflector.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #89
Black Yaris
der Zeck

where ya get the night shades? and how much?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #90
ChinoCharles
Banned

Summit racing, cheap as hell. I think it was 6 bucks a can or something. Honestly, I have been a lifelong hater of tint-in-a-can, but so many owners here have had luck with it that I figure what the hell... worse comes to worse I'll strip it off.
Closed Thread