Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
susucosp

Drives: toyota yaris
Wink change water pump n something is shifting

i have a 2008 toyota yaris 3 door hatchback automatic. the water pump break and the belt twist on the air condition clutch assembly ( may be warp it a lot bit ). after the water pump was changed, the air conditioning work fine but after i run the car for a week or two, the air conditioning and the belt seems to be loose again and make a noise. i have someone re-adjust again, and the air conditioning belt start to make noise again after 2 weeks.

do anyone has similar problem. do anyone know what is wrong?

everything seems working fine when i drive off my car from the mechanic shop but something must change? the weather?
susucosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Given the pump is new, make sure you are not over-tightening the belt. Especially since you've done this a few times now. Having too much strain on that new pump (assuming it's OEM and not aftermarket) will cause the axis to fatigue as well on the ac. Losen, adjust, and hit it with some belt dressing and I'm sure you will be ok. I high doubt anything is wrong with your compressor but once the belt is off you should be able to at least spin the pully and notice a visible warp if any is present.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote