Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Vic-2NZFE

Drives: Yaris 2NZFE
NEW A'PEXi Exhaust Line up for the 2007+ Toyota Yaris

Has anybody tried this product? saw it on the APEXI site but there seems to be no pricing or any other kind of info

The A’PEX-i World Sport 2 and N1 Muffler axle-back exhaust systems for the Toyota Yaris are constructed using SUS304 Stainless Steel and feature 105mm and 90mm tips, respectively, providing proven power gains with an athletic, conservative sound of performance.

Any info would be greately appreciated

thanks

It's a Vitz!
Vic-2NZFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Nice! I'd buy the World Sport for a Yaris -- it's a nice system that isn't terribly loud (at least on Honda products).
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Finally an N1 style exhaust!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
I had ws2 on my EG civic with a b16 and you almost didnt hear it at all - especially when the intake was drowning it out - its the opposite with my TI-c on the yaris, the exhaust drowns the intake..I see from those pics that they also had to change the mounting of the muffler itself because of fitment issues - which is a shame - it looks good to see the tip and the nice muffler behind it tucked under the car, when its all crooked like that it ruins it for me.

I had Apexi N1 on my GST eclipse - and to date was my favorite exhaust - it looked and sounds fantastic. I bought the TI-C for the slight angle which was about as close as I thought i'd get..If they actually come out with an N1 and it has the generous angle that its supposed to, i'll have it ordered immediately...

Both of those kits were cat-back and ran a little over 400$, not sure what an axleback for the yaris will go for..

Last edited by RShatchback; 08-03-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: more info
RShatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:51 AM   #5
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
It doesn't look like the N1 has that "JDM" angle you might be looking for, which would really be a shame. I would rock a real Apex N1 if it had the angle.

The WS2 is probably one of the best sounding exhausts I've heard. I know a lot of Honda owners with the WS2 and they sound great.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
RShatchback

I think that all of apexi's n1 mufflers are on some kind of angle. I dont think they make an N1 that comes out straight (i could be wrong though) I'll wait to see a better pic taken directly from the back of the car - but it looks like it has about the same angle as the TI-C which is not much compared to what I had on my eclipse or what you see on say a wrx. I think thats about all they can give it on the Yaris considering where the muffler goes in relation to the hangers and the piping. I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
ah the "athletic, conservative sound of performance"... LOL

Looks like a nice exhaust...!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:01 AM   #8
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-2NZFE View Post
Has anybody tried this product? saw it on the APEXI site but there seems to be no pricing or any other kind of info

The A’PEX-i World Sport 2 and N1 Muffler axle-back exhaust systems for the Toyota Yaris are constructed using SUS304 Stainless Steel and feature 105mm and 90mm tips, respectively, providing proven power gains with an athletic, conservative sound of performance.

Any info would be greately appreciated

thanks
Contact Bdaslug for this, i believe the dude has both of them.
infact, he installed the one the top picture to my Yaris..
just to have me feel the sound of it.
i love it!!

when installed, it look similar to Tanabe Medallion,
but this one sound more deep and the Medallion sound way more louder.

...>>
Old 08-31-2007, 04:07 AM   #9
Bdaslug

Drives: 07 Yaris 04 TSX
Yeah if anyone is interested in the world sport or the N1 muffler I can get it for them. Should have some in stock in about two weeks. it's kinda funny because i'm looking at the picture and its actually my car. I didnt know they took pictures of the test fit.
Bdaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 AM   #10
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdaslug View Post
Yeah if anyone is interested in the world sport or the N1 muffler I can get it for them. Should have some in stock in about two weeks. it's kinda funny because i'm looking at the picture and its actually my car. I didnt know they took pictures of the test fit.

doohhh!!...no wonder the pictures look so familiar..

dude, my bro haven't test it yet, but i can tell it won't fit.
i'm working on some excuse to have them switch back to your idea...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
RShatchback

Quote:
do you know how much of an angle the N1 sits at? Or what the retail price is on the N1 kit...
Old 08-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Bdaslug

Drives: 07 Yaris 04 TSX
It angles up a little bit , but when you look at it when the car is on the ground it looks straight. The retail for the WS and the N1 is $399. You can also get a silencer for the N1 they go for about $49. Let me know if you want to buy. I can get it for you.
Bdaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
RShatchback

Quote:
It angles up a little bit , but when you look at it when the car is on the ground it looks straight. The retail for the WS and the N1 is $399. You can also get a silencer for the N1 they go for about $49. Let me know if you want to buy. I can get it for you.
Damn - sounds like the same angle as the Greddy that i already have - thats dissapointing...
Old 09-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #14
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Looks rather nice...
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote