Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
emptyskin

Drives: Yaris 3D , Meteorite Metallic
two ?'s exhaust, intake

I'm new to car mods, but i want to get some cool stuff for my 3door:
cold air and a new exhaust.
i want that tiny hp increase and a cool sound, just something unique.
if you guys could post some good brands and how affective things would be that would be grand!

thanks!
emptyskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Intakes would be like AEM which I have and there is TRD, Fujita, Weapon R. Exhausts you have TRD, Greddy, Tanabe and I think a couple others. All the manufactures have good products and dont be fooled by the dealership wanting to install them either. My dealership was wanting over $400 just for the TRD exhaust not installed and I got it for like $314 and installed it myself in lime 20 minutes. Here is a video of an AEM Intake on a Yaris and yes it does sound like that in real life. With either of these mods it will make the car run smoother. You wont see any big gains in horsepower, but it may feel like it. I know my AEM intake came with a dyno chart showing the gains. All these two (intake and exhaust) will get rid of that restriction that is in both those stock parts from the factory and open it up a litlle more for more air to go in and come out. Any more questions just ask or you can PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKo8g4e2kI
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I have AEM intake and Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust -- warm, throaty, not buzzy at all. (I have one in stock, PM for pricing).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
emptyskin

Drives: Yaris 3D , Meteorite Metallic
thanks thats sounds pretty sweet. yeah when i was pricing things the guy at toyota told me like 350 bucks for a spoiler...i just turned and walked away.

my friend told me that there is an exhaust that will make a yaris sound like a crotch rocket, has anyone heard that?
emptyskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #5
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyskin View Post
thanks thats sounds pretty sweet. yeah when i was pricing things the guy at toyota told me like 350 bucks for a spoiler...i just turned and walked away.

my friend told me that there is an exhaust that will make a yaris sound like a crotch rocket, has anyone heard that?
You should really search on here and on youtube and listen to exhausts yourself to tell what you like...everyone has their own opinion about what sounds like what and whether or not one sounds better than another, but in the end its up to you...
Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #6
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
Anybody know what this Megan axle back sounds like? I'm also looking for a nice and deep exhaust note. I hate the fart can sound. I just wanted to go for something other than the TRD axle back. TRD stuff is kind of pricey.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=4822
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
Anybody know what this Megan axle back sounds like? I'm also looking for a nice and deep exhaust note. I hate the fart can sound. I just wanted to go for something other than the TRD axle back. TRD stuff is kind of pricey.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=4822
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...hlight=exhaust
here is my set-up it is the deepest note I have herd yet on a Yaris
Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 AM   #8
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
Intakes would be like AEM which I have and there is TRD, Fujita, Weapon R. Exhausts you have TRD, Greddy, Tanabe and I think a couple others. All the manufactures have good products and dont be fooled by the dealership wanting to install them either. My dealership was wanting over $400 just for the TRD exhaust not installed and I got it for like $314 and installed it myself in lime 20 minutes. Here is a video of an AEM Intake on a Yaris and yes it does sound like that in real life. With either of these mods it will make the car run smoother. You wont see any big gains in horsepower, but it may feel like it. I know my AEM intake came with a dyno chart showing the gains. All these two (intake and exhaust) will get rid of that restriction that is in both those stock parts from the factory and open it up a litlle more for more air to go in and come out. Any more questions just ask or you can PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKo8g4e2kI

Good information...your a great member

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ilCA...elated&search=

listen to this one's sound...pretty kool but not sure what exhaust it is....
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
sounds like the Tanabe, and looks like it too?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #11
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
the TRD comes with the By-pass valve... the AEM u have to cut pipe and buy one seperate