Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Is there a DIY for replacing an alternator?

I have a 2007 LB (as seen in my signature) and this morning I woke up to a battery that would not crank the engine. I knew it was coming but I was fooling myself into thinking it was going to "just get better". The last couple days I have been noticing a little less enthusiasm in my starter cranking over the engine. This morning it turned the engine a little and then a bunch of hurried clicks. I'm going to swing the batter by an autozone to test, but if its not the battery then I guess its the alternator. and was wondering if there was a DIY. I did a search and nothing came up, but I did find the service manual for it.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
If your battery is more than three years old, replace at the first signs of failure.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

oh ok, I'll try that first.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Geez TEST the battery!

The one in my ECHO lasted 9 YEARS!
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Just as an update, I brought the battery to Autozone, they tested and it failed. I purchased a "Duralast Gold" battery for $107 after being reassured that it would fit. It didn't fit in the bracket without prying down on the bracket on the battery itself but eventually it closed enough to allow me to tighten the nut enough to stay on. I hope it lasts. I could tell immediately with the first crank the difference in batteries, the other battery always sounded a little sluggish cranking the engine, now it sounds like the starter itself could propel me down the road at 30MPH. Zero hesitation.