Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
thorcor06

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Replacing Passenger Side Mirror

Trying to replace the passenger side mirror on a 07 yaris sedan. The mirror it self is fine. I need to replace the "part" (not sure what it is called) where the mirror attaches to the door. The mirror is held on by three screws screwed into the "part" that connects it to the car. Does anyone know what this part is called? Do you know where I can buy just that piece and not the whole mirror assembly.

It is a powered mirror which means I would have to disconnect the power supply in order to replace the part. Anyone have experience in this? I know I probably have to take off the door panel to reach the connector for the power to the mirror. Trying to take off the least amount of fasteners on the door panel to reach connector.

Diagrams are much appreciated.

Thanks for your time
thorcor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
thorcor06

Almost got it...

Was able to take off door panel and get to the connector.

Got the mirror with the wiring for the power disconnected from the car.

Only problem is i still have the wiring running through the broken base of the mirror. I cant figure out how to pull the wires with the connector through the broken base. The hole in the base cover is too small to pull the wires with the connector at the end. Gets caught up. Anyone know the solution?

Really need some assistance.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Have you tried pulling the mirror off and removing the motor inside? I can't remember, but I think you can unplug the wiring from the motor and pull it through.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
thorcor06

I was thinking of trying that. The connector is just a tad bit bigger then the hole on the mounting piece for the mirror. It kinda looks like the connector breaks down into a smaller piece which then would make it capable of pulling it through the hole. Not sure if it does though so didnt want to break it. Disconnecting the wires form the inside of the mirrors seems a lil tough.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
You need to stick a flat head screwdriver or something similar on the bottom of the mirror to release the two clips behind it. Then theres only 4 screws holding the the motor assembly to the inside.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote