Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #217
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Just throwing this out here I've got a 16gb iPad 2, 3g + WiFi that I'm selling if anyone is interested and I can bring it to the meet. Also got a Motorola defy pro phone that I'm selling. Both are literally brand new with almost zero use. Let me know and I'll bring em' on the 8th.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #218
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
meet in kitchener...
Old 10-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #219
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
meet in kitchener...
Oye ...gone be a long drive for me lol

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #220
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
Whatever, sounds like fun. When and where at ?
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #221
aspro

I say we get a run in at Cayuga before the season comes to an end. Say an early Sunday morning. Get there as soon as they open to run some laps.

We can make it interesting and put in $20 each to a pot and the winner with the best lap time takes the pot. What say you?

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #222
sheekeebut
Minimalist

I might as well just throw my money at you guys. My Yaris needs a tuned alignment, 10 more horses and a more skilled driver in the cockpit.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #223
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
I might as well just throw my money at you guys. My Yaris needs a tuned alignment, 10 more horses and a more skilled driver in the cockpit.
Lol we can skip the money part. Just thought it would make for competitive fun.

I'm down just to rip around the track for a couple of hours. I've done some mods to the car since my last trip there and I was putting out 1 min 40 seconds on the nose with the car pretty much stock except for heavy 16's and shitty tires and I hadn't figured out the trac control method then. I'm really curious to see how much time (if any) I have shaved with the tire/wheel, suspension and engine mods and the ability to turn off the trac control.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #224
sheekeebut
Minimalist

You can turn off traction control?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #225
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Oh, and yeah, if you're going Cayuga, just tell me when. I've been looking to get on the track, just needed some company.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #226
aspro

Quote:
Oh, and yeah, if you're going Cayuga, just tell me when. I've been looking to get on the track, just needed some company.
Oh yeah, there is. Link on it in this forum. It's a sequence of pedal and handbrake up downs that you do and it disables it. Well it works on my 11 hatch. Not sure if it works on the sedans. I'll post the link and you can try it.

At the kk meet we will discuss the track day with the other attendees and hopefully we can gather enough interest from every one.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #227
aspro

Here's the link for the trac control disable.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23651

Old 10-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #228
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Do all 2nd gens have VSC and TRAC equipped?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #229
aspro

Quote:
Do all 2nd gens have VSC and TRAC equipped?
Im not sure. I don't know much about the sedans. Just give it a try on yours and see if it works. You will see the skid and trac light come on the dash if it works. It doesn't disable abs though. Which I'm sure is a good thing for most people.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #230
sheekeebut
Minimalist

I'll keep my ABS, thanks. But the EBD would also be a nice feature to lock to a specific ratio, if possible for such a system.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #231
aspro

Quote:
I'll keep my ABS, thanks. But the EBD would also be a nice feature to lock to a specific ratio, if possible for such a system.
Is yours auto?

Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #232
sheekeebut
Minimalist

07 manual sedan, power everything for that year. I'm sure it has ABS, but I see nothing on the cluster regarding VSC or TRAC
Old 10-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #233
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
At the kk meet we will discuss the track day with the other attendees and hopefully we can gather enough interest from every one.
Yes, much discussion to be had, because this I am highly interested in.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #234
aspro

Quote:
Yes, much discussion to be had, because this I am highly interested in.
Sweet. Hopefully we can garner enough interest and make this a regular thing for next year as well. Well, if this community isn't extinct by then.