Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
dietdude

Drives: 2010 Yaris base, 1970 BMW 2002
the new (older) guy

Stumbled across this forum yesterday. Have a 2010 Yaris that I bought new from the dealer. I learned to drive on a standard, and have always had cars with three pedals. Lots of people make fun of my Yaris, but I tell them it has a standard transmission & I can have a lot of fun on the twisties! Not many twisty road in Southwest FL, but there are a few to have fun on. Better to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow...

Looking at some mods (suspension and wheel upgrades), and this looks like a good place to get and trade ideas!
dietdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
A good suspension mod is a rear sway bar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
there is like 8 different lower ladder bars i've found. (positions) with 2 different variations on the front ladder being a 2 point or 4 point not including anti-roll bars. there as even support bars for behind front fenders. there are some lateral 3 point bars that run the length of the vehicle. some of the companies that make most of them are;whiteline, Cusco, Tanabe, GT, but there are a lot of other ones out there too. basically you can add 100lbs. to your chassis and make it as stiff as you want. be careful, some flex is good, and weight steals power...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietdude View Post
Stumbled across this forum yesterday. Have a 2010 Yaris that I bought new from the dealer. I learned to drive on a standard, and have always had cars with three pedals. Lots of people make fun of my Yaris, but I tell them it has a standard transmission & I can have a lot of fun on the twisties! Not many twisty road in Southwest FL, but there are a few to have fun on. Better to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow...

Looking at some mods (suspension and wheel upgrades), and this looks like a good place to get and trade ideas!
Welcome!

Although bias I'm because I dig this site, I agree with you...you should find a wealth of info here. Enjoy!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote