Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
eggyolk808

Drives: White S Sedan
Yaris sightings

We should have a thread to see who we see! lol idk if this will work but i guess i'll go first. I know some other car forums have these..

I saw a blue HB with an exhaust in waipio valley headed towards waikele today, could have been gwasabi but idk, probably not
eggyolk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
That was me actually hahaha I don't normally go there often but I was with my friend going to kahuku and got lost hahahaha bronze stock hubs yea lol
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
That was me actually hahaha I don't normally go there often but I was with my friend going to kahuku and got lost hahahaha bronze stock hubs yea lol
I also see a blue yaris with chrome wheels (eeewwww) parked on south street.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
i saw a blue yaris with black rims dropped the other day. anyone know who that is?
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
Drove past a white lb on my way home yesterday in Pearl City. Couldn't see any mods, but it looks like the driver waved to me. Would that happen to have been anyone here?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
All of the yaris i see are driven by older people and have no mods. So I don't bother. You guys will know my car if you see me on the road! However, I got an OEM "S" model spoiler on now which aren't in the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_Yaris View Post
i saw a blue yaris with black rims dropped the other day. anyone know who that is?
I am wanting to see this car!

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 01-14-2009 at 10:59 PM.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
All of the yaris i see are driven by older people and have no mods. So I don't bother. You guys will know my car if you see me on the road!

I am wanting to see this car!
yeah from what i remember the car had some stickers on the side back window and the rear window too.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
PETERPOOP

Quote:
yeah from what i remember the car had some stickers on the side back window and the rear window too.
Wow 808 yaris, I don't know where I been but I just took a look at your garage. Seems you're on your way to making a nice yaris. Gram lights huh!? Threw down the cash for the bad boys? Or got a deal from somewhere? Those rims match your car perfectly. Now you just need to slam the car with some coilovers. You should get slotted rotors from caliyaris one day and definately the Big Brake Kit from him since you are running 17s!

*You should post some pics of your car with the wheels in the wheels section. I am sure people will be glad you did!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
gwasabi

I got stickers on my front driver pillar and hood a build a track sticker on my passenger rear window but no stickers on my back lol no drops either. You'll know my yaris because it has the "MOST SATISFYING" and "SERIOUS BUSINESS..." sticker on it :)
Old 01-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
eggyolk808

Oh man, im sad :-( I always wanted the 5 door hatch My car is in pretty good shape if you ever want to trade 808_yaris Im also pretty sure i have the only hybrid yaris sedan in hawaii LOL

Oh, btw. I saw a silver sedan by sams pearl city...idt it's anyone here though
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #11
PETERPOOP

Are you guys with the stock yaris planning on doing any significant mods like drop and rims atleast?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #12
gwasabi

HERES MY Yarii!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #13
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
When I was tinting my rear window, I pulled off the Toyota emblem and while prying the Yaris emblem the Y snapped off. My car now has an ARIS emblem. People come up to me while filling gas and ask me how I like the ARIS. I tell them its a great car and even told someone that it's made in France. Eggyolk808 you should pull off the Y and make your car an ARIS hybrid.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #14
eggyolk808

Lol before the hybrid badge I took apart the toyota badge and put the two T's where the S used to be. so it looked like Yaris TT. The only junk thing was i lost a lot of mpg's because of the two turbos. That's why i decided to replace the TT's with the hybrid :-P Now i get about 48 mpg lol

Oh and Peter, are those pictures in mililani right by tesoro? It looks really familiar! And no, i dont think i can afford to put rims and drop it :-( the only things i have are a trd exhaust, AEM cai, couple of domo stuff lol, hybrid badge, and a... led trunk light. Yeah... i got pulled over for "blue looking license plate lights" so i put them in my trunk instead.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #15
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Wow 808 yaris, I don't know where I been but I just took a look at your garage. Seems you're on your way to making a nice yaris. Gram lights huh!? Threw down the cash for the bad boys? Or got a deal from somewhere? Those rims match your car perfectly. Now you just need to slam the car with some coilovers. You should get slotted rotors from caliyaris one day and definately the Big Brake Kit from him since you are running 17s!

*You should post some pics of your car with the wheels in the wheels section. I am sure people will be glad you did!
I got my gram lights from tire rack. Searched High and low for those tires on their website and i think i got the last ones :) Threw some cash down, still thinking about putting air runners or airbag them, but for now i'll just leave it stock lol. I'm going to focus on sounds for now though.

-i will post up pics of my wheels soon once i get my wheel alignment ;)
thanks, for the compliment.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #16
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post

HERES MY Yarii!
haha nice pic in aina haina :)
Old 01-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #17
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk808 View Post
Oh and Peter, are those pictures in mililani right by tesoro? It looks really familiar! And no, i dont think i can afford to put rims and drop it :-( the only things i have are a trd exhaust, AEM cai, couple of domo stuff lol, hybrid badge, and a... led trunk light. Yeah... i got pulled over for "blue looking license plate lights" so i put them in my trunk instead.

Yah they are right infront of the new Poke Shop in mililani mauka! haha. Before they opened those stores, I pulled my car in there and thought it was a perfect place. Everyone going to mcdonalds and tesoro thought we were freaks. Oh wells.

Quote:
I got my gram lights from tire rack. Searched High and low for those tires on their website and i think i got the last ones :) Threw some cash down, still thinking about putting air runners or airbag them, but for now i'll just leave it stock lol. I'm going to focus on sounds for now though.

-i will post up pics of my wheels soon once i get my wheel alignment ;)
thanks, for the compliment.
That's awesome you are running gram lights. There are few people that will actually spend alot of money on wheels for our cars. So far the ones that top the chart are SSRs, Volks, and now Gram Lights I believe! You're going to bag your yaris!? whaaaaaaat. hahah. You going for show car status? If you ever enter it in a car show, let me know, I can't let you do it alone!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Alright sounds good peter. If I enter, your going to too lol?