Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
philwept_33
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 1.0 VVti 2003
03 Yaris 1.0 VVti Engine Swap, URGENT help needed.

Hi im new on this forum so hoping someone out there can help me out.

On Christmas day the engine let go, so to cut a long story short got another one and although its from a 2003 and a 1sz engine code its an earlier one as the PAS pump is on the front of the engine rather than electric one which the car already has.

I fitted most of it yesterday however some of the sensors are not fitting. The main concern its the cam shaft position sensor as its is a 3 pin. On removing the old 2 pin one it seems about 5 mm longer meaning it fouls the cam shaft.

Please can someone help me on this as its been going on for ages and getting expensive!!!

thanks in advance - phil
philwept_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwept_33 View Post
Hi im new on this forum so hoping someone out there can help me out.

On Christmas day the engine let go, so to cut a long story short got another one and although its from a 2003 and a 1sz engine code its an earlier one as the PAS pump is on the front of the engine rather than electric one which the car already has.

I fitted most of it yesterday however some of the sensors are not fitting. The main concern its the cam shaft position sensor as its is a 3 pin. On removing the old 2 pin one it seems about 5 mm longer meaning it fouls the cam shaft.

Please can someone help me on this as its been going on for ages and getting expensive!!!

thanks in advance - phil
you'll need an ECU and wiring harness to go with the new engine.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote