Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
eeeeeh

Drives: Yaris YR 2013
how to replace original brake light with LED?

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has done the conversion of original brake light (dual filament) with LED. I have already replaced the indicators, reverse lights, and all interiors, and want to complete the project by replacing the brake lights. As you might know the original bulb is dual filament and therefore, two different currents would go through the bulb. With LED pulling in so little power I've read that current would back-feed through the low-beam light and turns on other lights. I'm assuming I'd need to fit some diode in-line to prevent back-feeding power, but I'm unsure what diode to get nor the fitting of it.

Would appreciate if anyone has that knowledge can chime in. Thanks in advance.
eeeeeh is offline   Reply With Quote