Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
Quality Projector Headlights for 2009...

Does anybody make a quality projector headlight configuration for the 2009 Yaris LB? If no is the answer, does anybody know if there are companies considering making one. One thing that this car needs for sure is a lighting upgrade. Thanks...
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Don't think there is one for the 2009's atm. It might have been asked before, but i would guess there would be ones made sometime this year by the same companys who made the 06-08 ones. Because i think the 2009 model just came out in some places around the world. Like in Thailand only a few months ago.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
hahaha....quality and aftermarket dont mix.

you can make your own, with hella's 90mm projector which is about the best you can buy. they're 90 bux each over at ralleylights.com and you can get brackets and wiring harnesses....they use an h-7 i think or an h-9, and you can get hid in that bulb as well.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
look up Camelll's threads on his retrofit for his sedan.. not plug and play, but far easier than hacking up the stock headlight...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
DerFlosser

Just curious as to why this got moved to the "cosmetic modifications" forum as this is intended to be a performance modification? I think that most everybody agrees that the Yaris suffers from poor factory lighting.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
performance involves engines/transmissions...

lighting is NOT a performance upgrade....sure you can throw the word performance in there but your talkin about lighting performance, not car's performance
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
DerFlosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
performance involves engines/transmissions...

lighting is NOT a performance upgrade....sure you can throw the word performance in there but your talkin about lighting performance, not car's performance
uh....ok. Lighting is not a performance upgrage to you but how about the thousands who make a living selling lighting performance upgrades? Semantics I suppose? I know one thing it is not....and that is a cosmetic upgrade.