Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2018, 01:25 AM   #1
Echorips
I've made a post!

Drives: 2000 Toyota echo 2dr
Lightbulb 2zr Toyota echo

Hello all. Newbie to the forum but I have a question. Would the 2zr be able to fit in an echo as it does the Yaris? And if so what would some transmission choices be? I don't believe the c50 or c60 are quite slap in procedure in the echo.

A 2000 pound echo might be a mean autocross project with a 2zr + lsd

Or it's just stick with the 1nz and just get a aem fi/c and see what n/a capabilities I can find. I guess the older echoes don't have a self learning ecu so computer won't fight a tune. Maybe try to source a c160 6 spd.

Any help or input would help. Thanks
Echorips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Nothing fits without trimming frame rails in the echo...
Old 04-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #3
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Don't know much about the Echo, so can't say, sorry. But, I do still have my front bumper, rad support, etc.. off if you'd like measurements of the 2ZR with C50 or the Yaris (3rd gen.) frame dimensions to compare to your Echo.

Also, having just worked my way into wiring nuisances, definitely check the Echo vs. Yaris wiring connectors at ECU, engine to body connectors, etc.. ahead and see what may be different. Likely you'll be going down the 2ZR-FE with a Scion xD engine harness, which is plug'n'play with the Yaris, but may differ on your Echo. Just a thought..

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #4
1zzVitz05

Drives: Echo 05
The answer is no. The 2zr wouldnt fit easily as it would in a yaris. The echo's frame rails are like a | | shape and the yarises are more like a U shape. Ill explain. The echo's rails dont get wider through out the engine bay, yarises does. They start thight at the firewall and get larger towards the rad which helps alot with 2zr and 2zz engines.

Echo's are best to keep 1nz and going for boost if you dont want to/cant cut the frame rails. Less asle and still plenty off support. I 1zz swapped mine and planning to go turbo after, but there is alot of cutting,grinding, welding involved. Just having it NA 1zz made a huge difference, but at the moment, not worth it compared to a boosted 1,5.

As for the trans setup, i dont know where the gear selectors are on the 2zr and trans they might come out of, but youll definitly need the shifter assembly and cables to make the shifting and gear engaging work.

You should do it, i would love to see that setup in a echo! You will never know if you dont try.
1zzVitz05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1nzfe, 2zr, c150, echo, swap