Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
tylerwatts53

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
SRS warning light, pass. seatbelt light, pass. airbag light PROBLEMS!

Hi folks,

2007 Yaris base sedan. SRS warning light is on, passenger seatbelt light will not go off with belt clicked, and passenger airbag light shows "off" even with me (200 lbs) in pass. seat. I suspect the problem began when I pulled the pass. seat (to haul a mini fridge, of all things!) w/o disconnecting the battery (forgive me--that was before I had discovered this forum!)

I've been reading the forum quite a bit over the last few days to try to diagnose this. I learned how to read the DTCs for the SRS and to do the reset procedure. At first, I was getting only code 32; when I attempted the reset the SRS light came right back on still giving code 32 (and BTW I'm pretty sure I did the reset properly because I got the SRS light to flash steady on/off at the end--i.e. not flashing the code, until I turned the switch off and back on).

After thoroughly inspecting all the obvious stuff such as bad wires, loose connections, etc, I was convinced that the Occupant Detection Computer (module under pass. seat) was bad, so I got a different one from the junkyard. This time I unhooked the battery and installed it--no change! So I went back through and checked all the wires, connections, even fuses this time. Tried the old computer module again, and then the new one. Still nothing, and now I'm getting codes 32, 35, and 37!

I hope you all can chime in with any further advice... I'm really at my wit's end and in a hurry to fix this car, because I want to sell it before I move (it's been a GREAT commuter car, but I'm moving to a job where I'll be living less than 1 mile from work). I'm thinking this is maybe a job for CTScott's Passenger Occupancy Bypass Sensor Module? Would installing that baby solve all of my problems? Or is it worse--are my seat weight sensors messed up, did I get a bad module from the junkyard?

Thanks in advance for any help--this forum is awesome and you all have been very helpful to me in the past!
tylerwatts53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
With those DTCs, I suspect that you have a second bad OC ECU. It also could be that the SRS ECU side of the communications was damaged by the hot unplugging.

My OC ECU bypass module unfortunately won't help if the OC ECU or SRS ECU are bad.

I believe I have a spare (and tested) OC ECU. I may also have a spare of the correct SRS ECU.

Tags
passenger airbag, passenger seat, seatbelt light, srs light