Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
5ABIVT

Drives: sedan
Battery light going cookoo! Flickers, steady, gone !

Have an 07 yaris sedan auto. Started during the winter the battery light would flicker constantly. Sometimes it wouldn't even come on like now it hasn't been on 2 hrs into this 700 mile trip.

My regulator on it's way? Alternator? I cleaned the ground and plug terminals from the alt didn't help.

Battery seems good still cranks like new every time

Thoughts?
5ABIVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABIVT View Post
Have an 07 yaris sedan auto. Started during the winter the battery light would flicker constantly. Sometimes it wouldn't even come on like now it hasn't been on 2 hrs into this 700 mile trip.

My regulator on it's way? Alternator? I cleaned the ground and plug terminals from the alt didn't help.

Battery seems good still cranks like new every time

Thoughts?
Sounds like the voltage regulator TSB. You can try disassembling the alternator and cleaning the regulator contacts. Here's a post I put together on doing so:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=2
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
danzo524
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3dr auto
Any resolution to this problem? As of 3 days ago I am having similar occurrances with my '07 3dr Yaris. First started off as battery light staying on for 30 seconds to a couple minutes, and today while driving the battery light came on for 30 seconds or so, blinking a little then gone. Already had the battery checked.

The only recent maintenance done to my car excluding oil change & tire rotation was changing the failed water pump about 2 months ago.
danzo524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzo524 View Post
Any resolution to this problem? As of 3 days ago I am having similar occurrances with my '07 3dr Yaris. First started off as battery light staying on for 30 seconds to a couple minutes, and today while driving the battery light came on for 30 seconds or so, blinking a little then gone. Already had the battery checked.

The only recent maintenance done to my car excluding oil change & tire rotation was changing the failed water pump about 2 months ago.

We've so many reported incidents of this here that you no doubt are suffering from the same issue. Search voltage regulator and read all about it.

Has it been raining recently? Mine exhibits this behaviour after a fairly heavy rainfall. Flickers until everything dries out. Sometimes can take as much as a day of driving before it will disappear again.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
beZzZ
Learning & Upgrading

Drives: 2006 Yaris 5 Dr HB Black
I had the same problem before, got a 09used alternator from a scrap yard, below 200 with a year warranty. Now the lights never goes back on, and even the ABS light which had the same problem too.

For details, u can search for a username Adriaan, he got a detailed report about this, with detailed solution too, good luck!!!!!
beZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote