Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Airbag question?

Ok so I have a question for the YW crew!

I am getting replacement panels for my '09 HB from the front seats back from a private seller out of an '08 HB ... The originals where scratched to hell in a cross country move and plus I think I wana paint the new ones Blue but thats a story for another thread...

The only problem I Can foresee is that the '08 does not have the rear curtain airbags and mine does!

Also in this repair manual PDF that I found one of you awesome people put on here ( http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/Interior.pdf ) It says that one of the clips are not reusable ?!?!

So what ever shall I do? Do I just loose the rear airbag (If their in the back of the car then I really dont care that much abut their wellbeing! )
or do I have to go to the Dealership to buy these pins and just put the new panel on?

Thanks again for all your help in advance!
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
Ok so I have a question for the YW crew!

I am getting replacement panels for my '09 HB from the front seats back from a private seller out of an '08 HB ... The originals where scratched to hell in a cross country move and plus I think I wana paint the new ones Blue but thats a story for another thread...

The only problem I Can foresee is that the '08 does not have the rear curtain airbags and mine does!

Also in this repair manual PDF that I found one of you awesome people put on here ( http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/Interior.pdf ) It says that one of the clips are not reusable ?!?!

So what ever shall I do? Do I just loose the rear airbag (If their in the back of the car then I really dont care that much abut their wellbeing! )
or do I have to go to the Dealership to buy these pins and just put the new panel on?

Thanks again for all your help in advance!

hi buddy

it would be better if you bought the pins so that the panels can sit flash,and look neat, and spray before you fit then u only buy clips once,
Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
bkndacn

So I do have to buy some pins? :-( where do I get these? Toyota dealership (which I hate so much)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
most likely, by the dealer, also u need to make sure if the clip is not part of the panel, if it is then u need a new panel,
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
bkndacn

anybody else have any input?