Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #73
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Maybe.....
omgggg I think I pee'd myself ... lollll .... that's the best picture everrrrrrrrrrrrr
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #74
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
.......Like fnkngrv has said/been doing, I and many others sport YarisWorld.com decals on our cars.......
I also have YW stickers on my car.
I wonder how many people saw the stickers, tried to locate the site when it is down and gave up on it.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #75
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I would consider myself to be an OG member here. I can say that after the hack, the site was no longer the same. I cannot pinpoint why, just the "atmosphere" changed.

But I can say that I do like the fact that YW is pretty chill. A few other forums I'm in are really overly strict and the mods/admins there have power trips; i.e. I posted my charity car show event and was threatened to be banned (and the admin has his own charity event under his signature). I think the mods are doing a good job, even if we don't really see the majority of them post. I mean, I myself do not post much now-a-days unlike before when I was the top poster on the site

However, the lack of concern by the admins is well, concerning.

uhhh, I actually forgot where I was going with this. Danggit, was chatting with the family while posting this. lmao.
That was when it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt the admins didn't give a damn.

No one can blame the mods, frankly they are saints to deal with this crap.

But unfortunately YW=drama, it always has.

As for newcomers from the new model, give it a year or two and you will see some. We are also seeing newcomers from the used car market. Frankly the car is holding its value too well to get a ton of new modders for the aftermarket scene, but that should happen too in a few years.

YW was gigantic for the casual forum goers a few years ago. Especially 2008/09. Those people are always going to move somewhere else. Getting good active members to replace them is important.

There is no such thing as forum cohesion. Every single forum has its cliques and jerks and groups and crazy mods and so on. We just wave our flag so the newbies know who is who here.

PK wants me to line up the member lists, guess what? there are some really active members, and there are some names who use to be active who don't come around anymore. That's the nature of a forum. Oh, and some people are flat out missing, since the hack killed all of what they added.

No one is saying kill the forum now, because YW has some great people and several great communities. But keeping them together and the insane amounts of info this forum contains alive on the internets is important, especially when it could go down for good any day. Eventually even tire rack will give up on YW. Haven't seen any other ads recently, though i could be mistaken.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #76
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
^^ I think TireRack has been gone for a while. I believe that MI is now the sole sponsor.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #77
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
^^ I think TireRack has been gone for a while. I believe that MI is now the sole sponsor.
I've wondered about this. The TireRack ad banner remains, but I had a feeling they're not even a sponsor any more.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #78
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
^not sure they're an actual 'sponsor' or not, but doesn't yarisworld.com have a deal with them where if you bought something on their site thru the banner link here a small portion went to the forum?
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #79
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
KCLAB? Who's KCLAB? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ok......someone has a problem distinguishing a tantrum from an opinion. You realize that the hack was about 3 years ago, and the forum didn't really suffer as much as you claim it did. The same situation happens each winter, people don't spend time playing with their cars, have other things to do. Then spring and summer comes around, bringing meets and other activities with the car and people have things to say and show. During winter there is only so much you can talk about turbos and track times and accessories.

Original posters:

etimago: still has a Yaris
caliyaris: still has a Yaris
fnkgrv: still has a Yaris
CTScott: has 2 of them
KCLAB: still has a Yaris
etc etc.

And I dont blame anyone for anything, just calling it as I see it. Fair weather fans, typical of today's society if not constantly stimulated lose interest.

Oh and one last thing...no one else is coming in to become part of the forum? you need to check your facts before you say something like this. Just today we had 21 new members. I invite you to check the member list and line it up according to join date
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #80
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
you know....parallel universe?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #81
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

It's my Bizzaro Superman
Old 02-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #82
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
No, it's Spiderpig!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw

lol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #83
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
you know....parallel universe?

+1 or Like if it were here...kind of like The One with Jet Li. There are 51 Mikeys right??? I believe that one is a cross dresser for hire...might be Mikey #46.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #84
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
hehe ... spiderpig
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
*sigh*....We have YW and MI stickers ON BOTH SIDES of the car...and we are about to take a trip from Orlando to Ohio to Louisiana back to Orlando.....It will be a shame if people see YW and can't get on because of this stuff...

oh and BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by from bottom of main forum page
Most users ever online was 888, 10-19-2008 at 12:52 AM

Last edited by Shroomster; 02-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #86
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
The site has been fine for past few days . Knock on keyboard .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #87
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
it appears that the site, has been good for a little bit. lets hope it stays that way. i enjoy my time on YW whether im at home or at work.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #88
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
+1 or Like if it were here...kind of like The One with Jet Li. There are 51 Mikeys right??? I believe that one is a cross dresser for hire...might be Mikey #46.
Has nothing to do with your remark, but wanted to get one picture in before this thread is pushed to the back 40.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #89
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
lololololol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #90
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
miraculous!!!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote