Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
jznomoney

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Air Conditioner Refill

How do you go about refilling the AC coolant in the car? I think I accidentally unscrewed the part and let all the coolant out for the ac. Is there a guide for this? Model is 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan USA.
jznomoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
mimelio

Drives: NOTHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney View Post
How do you go about refilling the AC coolant in the car? I think I accidentally unscrewed the part and let all the coolant out for the ac. Is there a guide for this? Model is 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan USA.
http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairm...nditioning.pdf
mimelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
jznomoney

There is no user written manual for this? I want to buy one of the store refill kits so I don't have to pay a dealer to do this.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
^ Then you'd have to follow the directions of the refill kit anyway.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
I don't think so . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jznomoney View Post
It would be VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you released the freon from your AC system. You need to remove something with a wrench and the possibility of your getting hurt is very high... it would hiss and smoke (atomized oil) would blow out too. Are you SURE you did ? Actually sounds more like pulling our chains, or trolling to me.

Take a picture of where/what you did to remove the freon. BTW the freon is mostly a gas when released and not "AC Coolant" to equate with radiator coolant
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
jznomoney

When It happened I loosened the wrong bolt and it sounded like compressed air coming out the the bolt shot off and a cloud air came out from under the car and it smelled like it does when the ac is running inside the car.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
To be honest, if you don't really know how to do it properly, it is best left to a "professional". Many shop have "specials" on recharging AC systems so you can keep a look out for them.

If you do it yourself and you still have an unidentified leak (or some other problem) somewhere, it can quite possibly end up costing you more than it you had it professionally done to begin with.

Also, many shops have free AC sys checks and can probably tell you exactly what is wrong with it..
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
athar
I've made a post!

Drives: 1.3 cdx
i think ive fuound myself in the same situatuon today. Accidently opened that bolt thinking it was the oil drain plug.
athar is offline   Reply With Quote