Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
localnet

Drives: 07 Dodge Ram 1500
Picking up Yaris tomorrow

Yep, getting her tomorrow!

I took the wife out this weekend and test drove one, and she HATED IT!!!

She gave me that... "What the hell did you do, slip and fall in the shower and hit your head?", look.

She hates little cars for some reason, I get a gas out of them. The Yaris we test drove was a blast! I haven't had this much fun driving in years! The Yaris is like a high powered golf cart on steroids!

I need something to pull behind the motor home, and the Yaris fits the bill, plus it is cheap to mod!

So what did I get? A silver, what ever that color is, it matches the motor home, hatchback. I got the 5 speed, with all of the bells and whistles, including keyless entry. It has the windows and locks with the spoiler. I nabbed her for $14,000 cash out the door, taxes, title and plates included in that figure.

I think I did pretty good, seeing as that particular car is hard to find around these parts, SE Michigan.

I'll go get here tomorrow with the Dodge, and drag her home on my tow dolly.

I'll need to take a picture of her sitting next to my Volvo tractor, that should be a hoot! They are about the same colors. We can just say my Tractor had a baby!
localnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Oh dear, what kind of car DOES she like?? Sounds to me like she could use some enlightenment... I'm sure glad she's not MY wife!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
localnet

God, you had to ask that question!

All right, here goes... And I hope I do not get banned for the answer, but you wanted to know.

What kinda girl is my wife?

She's a country girl. Likes my big truck, big pick up and anything with a lift. My golf cart even has a lift!

And she associates little cars with girly men, or liberals as we like to call them in these parts. I know I will catch hell from my neighbors when they see this new arrival. They will think I have gone over to the darkside, and I am sure that there will be talk regarding my manhood.

I will just have to find out how hard it will be to shoe horn a V-8 under the hood! Because I ain't painting it John Deere green and passing it off as a new lawn tractor!

Mike
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
if you like the car, forget what other people think. oh, and welcome to YW.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 AM   #5
localnet

Kaotic,

Thanks for the welcome! Been there done that regarding vehicles.

I sold an 03 Dodge Ram with the Cummins and bought a mini van!

Boy I still hear about that one! I had that Dodge jacked up to near 600 HP, and she liked to eat transmissions. I put the third one in (tranny) and immediately took it to the dealer and swapped it for a check and a brand new mini van.

Anyways, I cannot wait to get the Yaris. That little car was a hoot to drive, like I said, a golf cart on steroids!

Mike
Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
TLyttle

Girly cars hey? Huh. Get someone to give her a ride in a Beemer roadster or a Porsche on a winding road, and ask her again about "girly cars"...

I had a Morris Minor convertible that was very hard to catch on a twisty road after I changed a few things, and I have yet to find a car that was more enjoyable, including the Yaris. Nothing beats having the top down in the spring to blow away the remnants of winter...

'Course, a local here has a Berkeley: 950lbs, top speed of ~100mph... girly car indeed...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by localnet View Post
Kaotic,

Thanks for the welcome! Been there done that regarding vehicles.

I sold an 03 Dodge Ram with the Cummins and bought a mini van!

Boy I still hear about that one! I had that Dodge jacked up to near 600 HP, and she liked to eat transmissions. I put the third one in (tranny) and immediately took it to the dealer and swapped it for a check and a brand new mini van.

Anyways, I cannot wait to get the Yaris. That little car was a hoot to drive, like I said, a golf cart on steroids!

Mike
hahaha, if a car was giving me problems all the time, i would trade it in as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
localnet

I got the Yaris!

Took the Dodge, with the Hemi, down to the Toyota dealer and drug her home on my tow dolly.

I stuck her behind the barn, lots of traffic in my yard, so I needed to keep her out of the way.

Well, the wife saw her. "Oh that's ugly "

What a welcome!

She grumbled and stomped her feet... But at least she is still talking to me.

So, while I was waiting for the F&I guy to take my cashiers check at the dealer, I ordered the TRD cat back exhaust and quick shift kit. They will be in on Friday. I will see if I can find some wheels tomorrow and ditch the hub caps.

And I still have not driven it!!!!

At least she tows well!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #9
Edd

Drives: None
Get a divorce.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
Push
Push

Drives: Black Sand Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Push
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Get a divorce.
my girlfriend and i live together. she hates the yaris. but every car she drives from lincoln to mazda she says I like the way the dolphin(yaris) drives. lol
Push is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

sweet. hope you enjoy her!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #12
localnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Get a divorce.
It is cheaper to keep her!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #13
TLyttle

Hard to say. If you keep feeding her appetite for big, expensive, fuel-guzzling, roadpigs, a divorce may just be cheaper...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #14
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
haha this thread is hilarious. I am hoping to get my yaris by the end of this week and I love the yaris I think it's cute. I personally do not like the big cars/trucks. It's too big for me to handle.. i'm a short girl for cryin out loud :-D anyway congrats on it
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote