Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
pgl

Drives: Yaris mk3
Hello,

Not sure as to what happened to my previous post, but here it goes again:

I own a 2012 Yaris Style trim NLP130 LHD.

Having gone through my owner's manual, I read an excerpt mentioning a double locking system.

I went ahead and bought the only module I could find on ebay (since most people avoid this feature), that being #8597052040 (Toyota Yaris Hybrid Double door lock control unit)

However, I do not know how or where to install this module. Does anyone have any info concerning this? Maybe a wiring diagram?

Thanks
pgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
So you want to add the door lock/unlock function as you approach the car and/or use the button on the door handle?

This feature doesn't exist AFAIK. And I believe you also need to start/stop button.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
pgl

Drives: Yaris mk3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
So you want to add the door lock/unlock function as you approach the car and/or use the button on the door handle?

This feature doesn't exist AFAIK. And I believe you also need to start/stop button.
Hey, thanks for your reply.

This is not the feature I am mentioning.

There is a feature that when you press the locking button of your remote (since I don't own a keyless entry system), the doors cannot operated from the inside.

I am attaching the manual excerpt.

This is what I am trying to retrofit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2xlock.jpg (154.9 KB, 27 views)
pgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgl View Post
Hey, thanks for your reply.

This is not the feature I am mentioning.

There is a feature that when you press the locking button of your remote (since I don't own a keyless entry system), the doors cannot operated from the inside.

I am attaching the manual excerpt.

This is what I am trying to retrofit.
I believe the switch inside don't work if you lock it with the keys from outside.

Try it. Stop the car, roll down the window, open the door and close it. Use the key to lock and then try the power door locks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tags
double lock, retrofit, yaris mk3