Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
mcfrosticles

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Model
2 questions on DIY oil change

Hi all,

Just got my first Yaris a few months ago, a blue 2008 hatchback. Love it to death and decided I would like to do my own oil changes. I had two questions though.

1.) Where on earth do you place the front jack? I looked at the manual and it is referring to a handle-like area near the front that I can't see at all under my car. Would anyone happen to have more detailed pictures of where this is?

2.) I cannot for the life of me take off the oil drain plug. I'd say that I would have above average strength, but this thing won't come off. I'm using a 14mm socket as well. I bought my car used so I'm assuming it has had oil changes before. Any tips? Do I need to have the dealership take this thing off then hand tighten it back on?

Thanks for any help you can provide me!
mcfrosticles is offline   Reply With Quote