Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
mrloseth

Drives: 1,5 turbo yaris 2005mod
orginal yaris 2005 1,5 turbo 150hk

hello, does any one have a list over spesification on my engine?
im wondering if the 1nz-fe are the same engine and the same motor spesification as 1nzfte? i have broken my engine so i must bye a new one..
mrloseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
First, there is no such thing as a 1nzfte.

Your car is regular TS 1.5 1nzfe with the factory TRD turbo kit. With that said... yes, you can use any internal from any 1nz as it is the same engine.

Just make sure you swap the injectors and plugs and other components from your engine to the new one. Among the thing included on the TRD kit, were larger injectors...

How did you broke the engine? Did you crank up the boost?
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloseth View Post
thanks for the info:)the car was chip tuned and i was running 0,8-1 bar in boost,it was piston number 4 that said god bye
Well.. there you go!! that'sthe reson why your engine blow!
You should actually be hppy because it lasted quite long.
You broke a connecting rod (that's the hole in your block)

But pushing 1 bar with the stock internals that's crazy... that'twice the stock boost level... what did you expected? Also were you running that on the stock injectors and the OE turbo? I really don't understand why your car didn't blow earlier!!!

You need to upgrade the internals as well as the fuel system if you only concider trying to run 1 bar of boost.

There are forged pistons and rods available for the 1NZ. Just do a search on the forced induction section and you will find it.

To run that boost level you will need larger injectors. Did you had a wide band? If you had the OE injectors you were probaby running very lean...
You will need also a high capacity fuel pump also..

And some good tuning
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Mods, this should be moved to the FI section.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

For your car I can only think of Envy Performance in the UK.

In the US there are no cars like yours. However is usually much cheaper to do a custom exhaust instead of buying one...

For your car you should go with a 60mm exhaust with a free flowing resonator at the back.

From my experience anything above 0.7 bar on the 1NZ is just for a matter of time before a rod breaks.

Also, the heat is a big problem... the tiny top mount intercooler is only good for the stock level of boost... also the small turbo at higher than stock boost will produce a lot of heat.

A good idea instead of using a front mount coooler would be to install a water/meth kit. It will probably be cheaper and would help you increase your octane rating and lower you intake temps... I belive you could probably run 0.8bar using water/meth.

But higher than that is just too much for this engine... your friend with the 1.2bar Yaris... he must be very gentle on the pedal....
On stock internals that is just a bomb ticking...
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
hehe, my friend have driven on race track also:) he is crasy. so i dont know why his car do last:)

i have heard that i would get an default code if i remove the katylisator? beacause the car have 2 lamda sond?

so you think that i can adjust the boost to 0,7 bar?

i also did get a complete part list from toyota today, the bok is om 35 pages, and i can say that tey have did alot to the t-sport turbo..:) gearbox suspenion,stabilisator,clutch,shift cabel,outputshaft,radiator,break,discwheel,label,o il cooler, and many many more things:)
it vould be cool to know hov many cars they made ?:)
Yes, I think that 0.7bar would be a good compromise. As long as you can tune it and are sure your fuel mixture and ignition timing is good. Otherwise you could pre-detonate even at 0.7 and blow the engine again.

The Turbo T-sport is not really that different. Some of the parts you mentioned like gear box (C56 manual trans), clutch, stabilizer, suspension etc are all standard part on the regular yaris T-sport.

The Turbo T-Sport was not manufactured by Toyota directly. the turbo came as a kit from TRD and was installed by the Toyota dealers... so it looked like it came like that from the factory.

The TRD kit included the IHI Turbo, manifold, downpipe, larger injectors, re-maped ECU, Top Mount intercooler and that was it.

Over here that kit was sold for $5K from the dealers and was offered from 2004-2006.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
mrloseth

The TRD kit included the IHI Turbo, manifold, downpipe, larger injectors, re-maped ECU, Top Mount intercooler and that was it.

Over here that kit was sold for $5K from the dealers and was offered from 2004-2006.[/QUOTE]

okey, have you tested out removing both of the catylisator mufflers?? do i get an default code? do you know how big thw injectors are? and spec on the turbo..?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:

Over here that kit was sold for $5K from the dealers and was offered from 2004-2006.
okey, have you tested out removing both of the catylisator mufflers?? do i get an default code? do you know how big thw injectors are? and spec on the turbo..?[/QUOTE]

Yeap, I removed the cats. And yes, the car will turn on a CEL ( Check engine light) but there are some easy ways to clear that light. You just need to place an spacer between the send lambda sensor and the exhaust.

You can get one here: (and this store will ship internationally)
http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...0&categoryId=9

That spacer fools the sensor so it doesn't know the cat is missing and therefore you get no light...!

And I would also want to know the rate for the injectors in the kit... but TRD never publised the spec on those. At least I haven't been able to find them.

A good injector upgrade that it will bolt on in your engine is the 2AZ-FE injectors.
That's the 4cyl 2.4L engine from the Camry and Rav4. Those are 370cc and are good for about 200whp.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Here is a picture of the kit.... if you can read japanese!

http://www.trdparts.jp/image/plan-6.jpg
Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
I can read japanese pictures!, just not the words
Old 09-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #11
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
wait, sorry 2 hijack this thread, but technically, could i buy the trd turbo setup of that year, and ecu and run it perfectly with no ecl??

puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puetato89 View Post
wait, sorry 2 hijack this thread, but technically, could i buy the trd turbo setup of that year, and ecu and run it perfectly with no ecl??
The TRD turbo kit is no longer for sale! Good luck trying to find one.

Technically yes you could use it... but you will have to deal with some issues regarding the ECU as the 1st gen Yaris had cable throtel and and regular power steering, when your car has electronic throtel and electric steering. But i'm sure you could get away with it.

But then again... for the price you can get your own turbo kit... and get better power
Old 09-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:

cool:) so then i only drill ha hole in the elbow and put the sensor number two in the spacer ant i wouldnt get any problems??

did you feel any diffrence on the power when you built an new exhaust? i think im going for the 2,5" dim? did you get more boost also?

it would be stupid off me to install bigger injectors on the new stock engine?

thank you very much for your answers:):))

You don't need to drill anything! You just need to unplug the secondary sensor, put the spacer in the hole and then re instal the sensor into the spacer... pretty simple!

The exhaust did a big difference! It always does on turbo cars. And yes, 2.5 inches is the right size for this engine.

The exhaust will help the turbo to spool up faster and it will give you some power gains at the top end of the power band.

Installing bigger injectors is not stupid if your boost levels requires them.

My advise is to look for a tuning shop, get some wideband readings as well as your current injectors duty cycle to determine how are you running... if you are running above 85% duty cycle then I would advise getting some new injectors.

Is hard to tell you exactly what to do, with out all the information. The best advise is to get some professional tuning...

Is you chip progamable? What are you running?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
thanx guys, very good info, i guess i could have just asked garm, lol

puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:02 AM   #15
mrloseth

hello...
today i found out what the name on the turbo on my yaris, the spec are:
IHI spec rhf4 parts:03061-16-1246 1702 yw602

i have tyed to google som info but i havent yet found out the spec..?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #16
mrloseth

Quote:
hello...
today i found out what the name on the turbo on my yaris, the spec are:
IHI spec rhf4 parts:03061-16-1246 1702 yw602

i have tyed to google som info but i havent yet found out the spec..?
http://www.ihi-turbo.com/turbo_RHE-RHF.htm
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Yep... that's the one!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #18
shtou

Drives: YARIS TS 1.8
removing the cat from 1.8 TS standard yaris and install a new exhaust helps the acceleration?
shtou is offline   Reply With Quote