Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #19
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
So, the grill mounting is so they are low enough to be legal for normal road use?
i like the looks of the car, and am trying not to interfere with it too much. i had driving lights coming out of the lower grill, and only removed them because they stuck out by themselves. without fabricating a light bar i'd like them "sunken". garm's fog lights are good, but i want to be able to change bulbs to find what i like... different wattages and beam patterns...

if i only had a crashy...
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #20
mari

Drives: 2010 sedan
easy. make a light bar that pokes through the upper grill mesh and bolts into the steel crash bumper behind the plastic bumper cover. like this http://web.mac.com/jonnieoh/My_MINI_...ts_How-To.html only you can do it out the top grill and not the lower one. lucky for us, the lights wont interfere with the hood opening like some cars.

or, if you want real lighting, mount this in the upper grill http://www.rhinopartsandperformance....-LED-LIGHT.htm and you wont have any problems with seeing.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #21
jonismyname

^ did you see that array scott? crashy would thank you...

i was browsing the catalogs at work again today and found hella's optilux 2500 driving lights w/angel eyes. i recently installed micro image's projector kit with the ccfl rings... and think these would complement them nicely!

i apreciate the link to mounting... the problem i have is stuff would have to be removed to pull the bumper cover, which i find myself doing more and more often. then everytime it's reassembled it has to be re-adjusted and just adding to the project time...

i'm considering reinforcing the bumper cover and mounting some lights to the ridge on the bottom of the grill, or hanging them from the upper ridge in the lower grill (have done before w/out reinforcement, would bounce on rough roads but fine on main roads)

we'll see though... without a shop and losing daylight this may get postponed... again...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonismyname View Post
^ did you see that array scott? crashy would thank you...

i was browsing the catalogs at work again today and found hella's optilux 2500 driving lights w/angel eyes. i recently installed micro image's projector kit with the ccfl rings... and think these would complement them nicely!

i apreciate the link to mounting... the problem i have is stuff would have to be removed to pull the bumper cover, which i find myself doing more and more often. then everytime it's reassembled it has to be re-adjusted and just adding to the project time...

i'm considering reinforcing the bumper cover and mounting some lights to the ridge on the bottom of the grill, or hanging them from the upper ridge in the lower grill (have done before w/out reinforcement, would bounce on rough roads but fine on main roads)

we'll see though... without a shop and losing daylight this may get postponed... again...

Did you see the price tag on that array? I think I am going to use the $40 LED utility lights that Northern Tool sells:

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
jonismyname

that'll work, par36 housing. you won't get much range, but i don't think you'll need it with crashy. i have about 5 or 6 bulbs that fit those housings that i was trying during my bike light project.

hella optilux 2500 have a ring that'll match my microimage projectors though...

i may need to give these a try