Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
o2cavyss

Drives: 2009 sedan
USB/AUX sound quality

Is there a difference in the sound quality between an mp3/Ipod connected via AUX input and USB? I'm hoping not, as it will be one more reason to NOT get an aftermarket deck.
o2cavyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Nope, no difference in sound quality. USB allows for more interaction between the head unit and the MP3 player/iPod.

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
toyota
SRacer

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to toyota
yeah, there really isn't a big
difference, and if there is, it is
very minute.

Learn The Truth about Six Pack Fast!
toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
AliCLick

Drives: 2010 3DR LB, Meteorite
I guess it's one of those "your mileage may vary" things, but I'm going to throw in on the side that the USB/Dock connector with the iPod produces a noticely cleaner sound. If you're going to use the headphone jack, it's a good idea to turn off any EQ that you might have turned on in the music player - it's already being processed by a headphone amp (and the sound output generally assumes the listening device will be headphones), so you don't want to apply any EQ twice and distort the signal further.

But either way, not the end of the world.
AliCLick is offline   Reply With Quote