Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
WHY DO DEALERSHIPS LIE

I ordered my car it seems an eternity ago. was told it was in port(BC) and was a neek away. Then, that car was sold BUT there was another one in coming. i got a VIN but still no signs. Anyone have words of Wisdom?
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
my dealer offered me to DRIVE my car 1250km, which takes a day or 2 from brantford, ONT. to Montreal, QC or ship it over by truck.

there was only one available through canada, and they got it for me.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #3
riceboy

Drives: icebox
sounds like you've got some bad luck.. the ppl i deal with are real pros,..
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Two issues could be delaying your car.

- Port of Vancouver closures
.. This occured during the heavy rainstorm and wind Vancouver received during late November. The port closed for 2 full days and lots of vessels were sitting at port without a chance to berth. The problem was further exacerbated when Vancouver received heavy snow fall just a week after the rain storm. Again, the ports were closed for at least a day as Vancouver was not prepared for the snow fall.

- CN/CP Rail Lines are experiencing lots of traffic
.. Since it is the holiday season, there is an increase in the cargo volume being moved from West to East Coast. This problem is compouned by lots of American cargo that is moving through CP/CN Rail lines and routes since US Rail lines have increased their rates 3 to 4 times in the last quarter.

If it's none of the above, then your dealer is taking you for a ride and you need to make their ears bleed.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
I ordered my car it seems an eternity ago. was told it was in port(BC) and was a neek away. Then, that car was sold BUT there was another one in coming. i got a VIN but still no signs. Anyone have words of Wisdom?
call toyota head office and ask them whats going on, you have a vin, so there is a car alocated to you, i work for CN, and if its going by freight car on cn lines it's a minimum 6 days travel, then it goes to the auto compound, to get sorted, then delivered to your dealer, etc... and as stated vancouver had the rain storm, and norther ontario has bad snow, and as of yesterday the CN lines north of capreol were blocked with a derailment , if you can get a car number of the auto carrier, i can track that car for you!

punch
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Nivyn

Drives: Blk Sand Pearl 2007 Yaris LE
Question

I ordered my Yaris at the beginning of November. They didn't have the colour and model I wanted, but and it arrived the 22nd, and was picked up at the dealership by the 25th. I had no problems with the service at all. I guess it depends on the dealership.
Nivyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
That happened to me as well. I made a deal with the salesman, they said they have a car with the specs i want, put down a deposit, and three weeks later, they couldn't deliver. needless to say, i went to another dealership.
JDMVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
riceboy

Drives: icebox
so you get the car delivered yet?? maybe they made an arrangement with Santa?
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote