Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
The Holy Man
I've made a post!

Drives: 1.0 2003 Colour Collection
Replacing Body Parts

Hello. I need to replace the bumper and front wing on my 2004 colour collection Yaris hatchback. Is it a difficult job to remove/install these body panels, and would I need any tools other than a good screwdriver set and a jack?

Also, would I be correct in thinking that the metallic paint would be a job best left to a body shop?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
The Holy Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Holy Man View Post
Hello. I need to replace the bumper and front wing on my 2004 colour collection Yaris hatchback. Is it a difficult job to remove/install these body panels, and would I need any tools other than a good screwdriver set and a jack?

Also, would I be correct in thinking that the metallic paint would be a job best left to a body shop?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
In my opinion you are very right about the metallic paint. I would think with a repair manual you could handle removing and prepping, replacing body parts which will save you money but for paint I would take it to the pros, especially with metallic colors.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Trust me, don't mess with the paint if you expect perfection. I messed with mine... didn't expect perfection, and certainly didn't get it!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!

For honesty.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Painting can be fun if you have the desire and place to do it....but like the other posts say, cheaper to have someone else do it because perfection probably won't come the 1st time, so you may have to do it, and do it, and do it........but if you ever do want to accomplish it, you have to start with the 1st time!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Agreed about the paint.

As for removing the bumper, I see you ahve the provious generation Yaris, but if it's anything like the new ones, it should be child's play.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote