Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
chrisgblues

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Door indicator light on - temporary fix

Thought I would post this "fix" for anyone in the same situation.

Someone popped the driver side door when they broke into my car, and now it doesn't quite close all the way. It closes enough to lock, but the door indicator light on the instrument panel stays lit all the time as if the door is ajar. From the outside the door "appears" fully closed, but upon closer inspection it's literally about 2mm ajar which apparently is enough to disengage the switch and turn on the light.

To fix this, I cut some one inch square pieces of duct tape and applied 3 or 4 layers on the lower part of the driver's door exactly where it makes contact with the switch on the frame. Now the switch fully depresses when the door closes and the indicator light is off.

The car is now 11 years old so I don't imagine I will spend the money to get the door re-aligned as long as this temporary fix works.

Thought this might help others in the same situation, thanks.