Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #19
Pokey

Drives: 2010 4 Door Hatch 5 Speed
I'm always amazed what my little Yaris can haul. I had forgotten how much you can stuff into a hatchback
Some recent examples (not all at the same time)
- an assembled Ikea sink cabinet
- a 3 drawer filing lateral cabinet (The guy said no way it would fit. It fit...)
- 17 sidewalk blocks!
- I'm a musician and I can easily haul: a large amp, 3 keyboards, a guitar, a box of cables, stands. And there's still room for the bass player and his bass
Pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
I'm always amazed what my little Yaris can haul. I had forgotten how much you can stuff into a hatchback
Some recent examples (not all at the same time)
- an assembled Ikea sink cabinet
- a 3 drawer filing lateral cabinet (The guy said no way it would fit. It fit...)
- 17 sidewalk blocks!
- I'm a musician and I can easily haul: a large amp, 3 keyboards, a guitar, a box of cables, stands. And there's still room for the bass player and his bass
Not sure which is more impressive, the sidewalk blocks or the musical equipment!
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:36 AM   #21
skocka

Drives: 2015 Yaris, 1.3 VVTi, 6MT
I was also surprised when I managed to load much more stuff to Yaris than to my previous Fiesta.
Last time it was 22 boxes of wine (6 bottles in each), two snowboards, two sets of snowboard equipment (boots, helmets, pants, jackets...), two bags packed for a weekend, up to 5 large bags full of groceries after we stopped to do some shopping. And there was still enough room and only one backseat was folded down. This little car rocks!

And I remember, it was ten years ago when I bought a new bike and I needed to load it into my old 3-door Nissan Micra. People around would not believe but I easily put it inside. But it was easy because the front passenger seat could be folded as well.

Last edited by skocka; 01-27-2016 at 04:42 AM.
skocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #22
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by skocka View Post
I was also surprised when I managed to load much more stuff to Yaris than to my previous Fiesta.
Last time it was 22 boxes of wine (6 bottles in each), two snowboards, two sets of snowboard equipment (boots, helmets, pants, jackets...), two bags packed for a weekend, up to 5 large bags full of groceries after we stopped to do some shopping. And there was still enough room and only one backseat was folded down. This little car rocks!

And I remember, it was ten years ago when I bought a new bike and I needed to load it into my old 3-door Nissan Micra. People around would not believe but I easily put it inside. But it was easy because the front passenger seat could be folded as well.
That's awesome.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #23
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
In case anyone is wondering, you can fit:

-7x 8ft 2x4
-9x 8ft 1x4
-3x 8ft 4x4 (cut shorter though)
-lots of tools

In a 09 5dr with the hatch closed I had to pull my glovebox to fit the last few pieces in. No pics because it was raining very heavily.

Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:08 AM   #24
rayfloyd170

Drives: Yaris 2016 1.3 Manual
What about max weight the yaris sedan 2016 trunk can carry without jeopardizing safety? last week i placed an outdoor condenser unit for split AC which almost did not fit but i managed to squeezed in and successfully relocated to 160km. I think it was just somewhere 80-90kg by my estimates. but when placed exactly at the rear of the trunk area my suspensions get too low. I didnt allow my family to ride with me while transporting it.
rayfloyd170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:48 PM   #25
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
did a delete for the back seat and replaced it with an aluminum sheet in an attempt to make the back "flat"

the shep loves it, but we run alot of amazon deliverys and we pack the car up to the gills! as in ZERO visibility out the back..grocery delivery runs tend to get the car "squated" id opt for slightly stiffer springs if i could get em without lift or lower

as far as weight goes, a 5dr was designed for 4-5 passangers, soo figure youve got about 400+++lbs of capable safe cargo weight(with a driver and passenger)since the average adult is around 150-200lbs

sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:51 PM   #26
"A"
Get rollin'

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
With a little effort, I can fit my electric trike inside my Yaris hatchback..

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote