Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Stupid drivers

Tell me about stupid drivers you encounter in your day..

for me, it was last night... the weather wasn't all that great, and everybody was driving at 60-70kmh in a 70 zone. Since everybody driver fast in Quebec, i drove at 80kmh on the left lane because others were going too slow on the right lane. Then this Dodge Ram arrived behind me and kept tailgating me. So after ~1km going faster than all the cars (at 80kmh) of my right, i finally managed to merge into the right lane. Then the Ram floored it.. to tailgate the car that was infront of me...

It was damn stressing.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
next time brake check him
Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Some people have a different concept of "until I had room to merge back in". If you see a slot with a three second lead time, pull in, let him pass, and resume passing others.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
That's not a stupid driver - that's an asshole.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Doug007

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
65 mph is the limit on CA 99, with most people going 5-10 over that. I was in the middle lane with traffic and observed in my rear view mirror a car darting in and out of all lanes. He was coming up quickly in the slow lane and moving into congested traffic. I anticipated that he would probably cut me off and sure enough, did so. He continued is own little road race for about another mile before exiting. In all, he gained about 15 seconds on us all the while putting everyone at risk. Unbelievable idiocy.
Daytime Running Lights
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Doug007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
next time brake check him
I sure should have brake checked him... but it was very stressing to have someone on my tail. So, i was simply busy trying to not go faster than 80kmh and it was a bad time to damage the car.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Ready for this? I got punched in the face the other day for driving a Yaris. Truck full of 6 guys pulls up next to me and my friend and they talk a bunch of shit. They follow me onto a sidestreet and we get out of the car. Nothing else I could do. I'm not a fighter... I took the punch. I clocked one person when I was a lot younger and lets just say I have the utmost respect for what an adult can do with one punch. I'm not rotting in jail on the account of some kid that decided he wanted to punch me because I drive a little Toyota and might have voted for Obama. In the end I walked up to the truck, leaned in his window, made sure to bleed all over his car and told him to get his friend back in before I changed my mind and stomped his head into the ground. Two of the five in the truck got out and dragged the moron back in and they took off.

At least they didn't hurt my Yaris.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
or just a rear light like a semi truck....shine in his eyes

i wouldnt have been stressing about the guy behind me though, its the ppl in front you need to worry about!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Ready for this? I got punched in the face the other day for driving a Yaris. Truck full of 6 guys pulls up next to me and my friend and they talk a bunch of shit. They follow me onto a sidestreet and we get out of the car. Nothing else I could do. I'm not a fighter... I took the punch. I clocked one person when I was a lot younger and lets just say I have the utmost respect for what an adult can do with one punch. I'm not rotting in jail on the account of some kid that decided he wanted to punch me because I drive a little Toyota and might have voted for Obama. In the end I walked up to the truck, leaned in his window, made sure to bleed all over his car and told him to get his friend back in before I changed my mind and stomped his head into the ground. Two of the five in the truck got out and dragged the moron back in and they took off.

Damn Charles, that's f'd up. Your other option would have been to keep driving though - I'm sure they would run out of gas long before you did
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Hah! I could have kept driving and called the cops, but I wasn't in the mood for an ordeal. I'd rather take 15 minutes of BS and a busted lip than 2 hours with the cops any day of the week.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
kou

Drives: 08 lb
this girl didnt realize people were stoped in traffic. O and i hate people who dont use there turn signals,and people who dont clean the snow off there cars/trucks.
Attached Images

kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post

Glad that you are ok. It sound like it could have been much worse than it was. Did you get a picture of their truck on your cell phone? License Plate? The driver? Did you call the cops? As I have got older in life, I have zero tolerance for punks out having fun at other people expence.

There has been a few recent cases of deliberate rear end accidents where the driver then got robbed after getting out of the car on a side street. My wife has been instructed not to get out of the car until the cops arrive. Although I practice defensive driving you never know who is going to run into you. Thats why when pulling the trailer with the truck I am always packing heat.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsIyVn1hko

Do it, you know you want to.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsIyVn1hko

Do it, you know you want to.
this is a fake,they are just trying to make BMW owners feel tougher than they are.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
To the O.P.

No offence to ya, but if you are in the left lane and people are tailgating you, that means you have to GTFO from the lane ASAP, no matter what the conditions are. Who knows? His house might be on fire. His pregnant wife might be in trouble. Etc etc.
I know you were going over the speed limit to justify the fact that you were already going fast enough on fast lane, but to me, and to most of us, the left lane is a "passing lane," not "fast lane."

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #16
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Glad that you are ok. It sound like it could have been much worse than it was. Did you get a picture of their truck on your cell phone? License Plate? The driver? Did you call the cops? As I have got older in life, I have zero tolerance for punks out having fun at other people expence.
I got their plate, but honestly I was just happy that nobody got seriously hurt. Its a college town... this stuff happens all the time around here. I mean, it usually doesn't involve me, but I'm chalking it up to college kids being college kids.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Greater Vancouver has been under heavy fog for the past week. I noticed that people are generally not slowing down and even going faster!

Is the fog giving them a feeling of flying blind inside the clouds???

Might not be long before we get the news of a pile-up on Hwy. 99 or along Knight Street!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #18
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoon87 View Post
To the O.P.

No offence to ya, but if you are in the left lane and people are tailgating you, that means you have to GTFO from the lane ASAP, no matter what the conditions are. Who knows? His house might be on fire. His pregnant wife might be in trouble. Etc etc.
I know you were going over the speed limit to justify the fact that you were already going fast enough on fast lane, but to me, and to most of us, the left lane is a "passing lane," not "fast lane."
Our highways have a keep right except to pass signs posted. A few years ago the state beefed up the law under a road rage section. Tickets can be written. It has little effect.