Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Reebirt
Yota

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 door Hatchback
Question Jetdry?

I have heard that using a cap full of Jetdry *for dishwashers* will remove water spots after the final rinse. Has anyone ever tried this? I have a new black 2010 4 door hatchback. Don't want to damage the clear coat. I'm getting obsessed about cleaning it. I do enjoy the final towel dry to ensure the wash has been a complete success. Just curious if it works.
Reebirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Never tried and have not heard of that technique in any of the detail sites I'm a member of. If you want to decrease your chances of waterspotting just turn the hose down and run the water off versus spraying the water on to rinse. Bottom line though, if you don't have an air hose or blower vac or even lawn blower you gonna get spots if you don't dry quick. I use a detail blower to dry and in those tough areas I push the water to where I can just dab it up with a Micro Fiber. Good luck
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
It shouldn't affect your paint at all, but wonder what it would do to wax? Jet dry, in essence makes water wetter! Sounds weird but true. In science class we saw this years ago. Where you take a glass of water and fill it to the top without overflowing. Now add water very slowly, almost drop by drop and you will see that you can fill a glass OVER the top slightly before the water falls over the side. The water actually clings to the glass for a little while before it can no longer grip and then fall over the side. Jet dry and all rinse agents treat the water so it cant cling to stuff, in effect making it wetter so it just glides off. I've never used it on my car, but use it in the dishwasher always! I have an electric leaf blower that I use in the driveway(and a soft towel), or if I go to a self serve carwash, I always use the one right by the highway and after I'm done I just get on the highway immediately,lol