Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
BBK/Brake Upgrade with EBD.

Okay, say I get the a stock Yaris, with the EBD. Electronic Brake Distribution, or whatever its called. If I were to upgrade to a BBK later on, would that still work with the BBK?
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
As far as I can tell, yes

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I thought so too. I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a potential problem. Trying to decide what options to get with my Yaris.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
Quote:
How it works

When a rotating wheel comes under heavy braking, it is prone to lock-up. In motor vehicles, the anti-lock braking system (ABS) works to prevent this by monitoring wheel speeds and taking action in the form of releasing pressure on the braking circuit when a rapid deceleration occurs in any of the wheels to ensure steering control is maintained during emergency braking. This has its disadvantages though, as different amounts of braking pressure are required to lock a rotating wheel on different surfaces. For example, less braking pressure would be needed to lock a wheel which was in contact with ice than a wheel which was in contact with an asphalt road. In a situation where the wheels of a vehicle are on different surfaces (for example the two left wheels are on a concrete road and the two right wheels were on snow), during an emergency stop ABS would detect the two right wheels about to lock and would activate, even though the two left wheels would not have locked when the right wheels did.

EBD can detect such conditions and electronically controls the braking force applied to each individual wheel, and can therefore maximise the braking force to ensure a maximum braking effectiveness. The final result is more precise and effective braking under all conditions, and also makes the car much more stable under heavy braking, reducing front end dive.
so by looking at that. it seems it wont matter what pads you use as im assuming it uses a sensor to tell which corner needs more braking than the other...
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yeah there is a wheel speed sensor, so no matter what, weight, size and braking power are not part of the equation. clever little car

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote