Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #19
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Nexus,

Here's the bottom line on all of this. Webb is a great cam company, I enjoy working with them. The problem with this motor of ours is not even Webb can make the springs or custom ground Buckets to make their cams work. They can make you a awsome cam grind to what ever you like but then your on your own for the rest. Webb likes to use Vance&hines to do this other work but after talking with Joe V. from Vance & Hines they don't want the aggervation of this head with so little demand in their eyes.

People are bad mouthing Gude on the issue of no proven dyno numbers and the way he operates and People think his web-site is crappy.

Like I've always said a picture is worth a thousand words and so is pretty packaging. Which is what most people need to see to feel secure in their purchase.

Gude is old school, no facy box, no 800 number, no huge sales staff standing by. It's him and his wife and a few employees. If you take the time to look up Bill Gude you will see he is a Aerospace Engineer and has done numerous military projects and has been in the performance business for 20 years.

They take the family approach with their customers no fancy bullshit just straight talk. The people that have gotten 1NZ-FE head packages from him have also taken them apart and are now having problems putting them back together. Like the guy from this site that got one. I just talked to bill and he told me that this person had to send his stuff back in for reassembly because he took it apart for what ever reason and cant get the proper clearences now. So Bill "For free" is putting it all back for him. It's these things you don't hear about.

People consume them selves with a fancy label or a high-end sales team. One thing I do know from this racing busineess is that most of highest HP motors are done by shops and people you would never know. These guys are real secret like and don't care to sell to the masses. It's like Pro -Stock NHRA racing these guys that do the head and cams for these motors are so secret that good luck finding a guy to do one for you.

The other thing I've seen around here is patience is in no ones fore-thought when building a motor. It takes time and more time. The head from Gude that I'm getting will have taken 3 months to get done. I asked for the works sparing no short cuts. I want to report back to you guys with great results.

Now not eveyone will do what I've done but it will be a platform for all to work from.

So with my advice Bill Gude is still the number one guy to go to for this motor at this time.

XBG

Last edited by xbgod; 10-10-2010 at 04:24 AM.
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The only problem with a total build like yours is that no one will ever know how much each part contributed to the power you get. You won't be able to say the head or the cams or any particular element made X horsepower for you. It's not a criticism, as I did the same thing.

People are just not going to buy a product until they see some proof of what that product (and only that product) does for a power gain.

I think the manufacturer has a responsibility to take a stock car, dyno it, put on their part, and dyno it again. Maybe we will just disagree on that detail.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #21
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
I like both answers of XBG and Garm fullstop!
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
xbgod
Banned

no Garm I don't disagree, you are right without a baseline dyno on a N/A motor you'll never know.

The only real input I will be able to give everyone is how well it looks how well it's assembled and the craftsmanship of the parts.

XBG
Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ and your final numbers!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #24
xbgod
Banned

Yes, my final numbers.....that will interesting. I think I have like 22 boxes of parts waiting on me at home now.

Well guys it will be a week or so before my next post. My flight was delayed yesterday but today I'm on the move.

Will chat when I'm state side in a few day or so.

XBG
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #25
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
!

Last edited by Flipper_1938; 12-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #26
moh

Drives: Yaris Sedan
waiting for result ..
|Blitz S/C|aFe Intake|NST SSK|NST Busing kit|Ralco Short Shifter|Dastek Unichip type Q|Dastek Throttle Control|1ZZ Injectors|1ZZ TB|Custom Header|Custom Exhaust|Head Porting|Momo Drifting Steering wheel|Momo shiftknob|Denso Irridium Sparks|Buddy Club P1 Racing Wheels|195/50/R15|Tanabe NF Coilover|Goodrich SS brake lines|Ultra Racing Front Strutbar|NRG Grounding kit|Custom Grill|Custom Eyelid|Rear Sway bar|
moh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #27
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
The people that have gotten 1NZ-FE head packages from him have also taken them apart and are now having problems putting them back together. Like the guy from this site that got one. I just talked to bill and he told me that this person had to send his stuff back in for reassembly because he took it apart for what ever reason and cant get the proper clearences now. So Bill "For free" is putting it all back for him. It's these things you don't hear about.
AFAIK, I am the only "guy from this site that got one" and this is untrue. I never sent anything back to Bill. However, the head didn't come assembled....he sent the shims/buckets in separate packaging. It was pretty easy to get them all back in though, as he had sharpied each one so we knew what went where. Perhaps you are thinking of someone from a different site.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Not worth 1,635.00 USD. for about a 30 hp gain....
I don't know... I see people laying out $3,800 for a blitz supercharger only to get like 50-80 hp extra.... If my rounding in my head figuring is correct, that's about right, heh.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #29
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
$100/hp is average....

$60/hp is a good deal
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Shinare, are you including management and tuning?
$1635 doesn't include install or tuning. I don't see how you could avoid CELs just bolting in cams and beating up on the car.

The Blitz comes pre-tuned with its own management - a big plus for people who don't want to experiment or don't have access to or funds for dyno tuning.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
^^ True, I'm just sayin its odd to hear someone balk at $1,600 for a comparatively good gain in hp on our engines when there's much more expensive things to buy out there. I know nothing about the matter really, a noob wrencher here. Thats why I'm looking forward to your all-in-one turbo kit sometime in the future.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #32
xbgod
Banned

My head went on today from Gude with no issues or problems. We measured everything and rechecked all tolorances. Putting it back to TDC and getting correct timming was a breeze. New pics soon to follow and headed to CFT to retune Monday the 29th.

XBG
Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #33
H3LlIoN

Mine had lateral gear alignment issues, so we just had someone mill a custom timing gear and balance for it...all problems solved and running nice.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #34
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
... running nice.
Have you dynoed it yet? Still curious about actual power gains.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #35
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I don't see how you could avoid CELs just bolting in cams and beating up on the car.
Gude head/cams have not thrown any CEL's as of yet. As per management, I will have the camcon settings from the dyno guy on Monday, as long as he still is game to play with it.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #36
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Have you dynoed it yet? Still curious about actual power gains.

Dyno appt set for Monday @ 10. Head/Cams, then Head/Cams/Camcon. Unable to dyno just the cams...they won't fit in the stock head.