Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
RodimusPrime

Drives: 1998 Intrepid
Arrow Project Yaris.

How many of you are familiar with Sport Compact Car magazine?

I feel that it's the most intellectual tuner mag out currently. They give great insight to many aspects of tuning with real world demonstrations and data to base personal modifying on.

They're currently wanting suggestions for a Project car seeing how some projects are getting old and they're wanting to clear out their garage of vehicles with some new blood.

I was thinking that Yarisworld.com could comment on why the Yaris is a potential platform for a serious tuner car. I would like to make this a HUGE thread and link it to them via their editorial forum.

Also, If you check out their latest issue they used a Sedan Yaris in the "1g Challenge". Turning a measly .76g in the 200 skid pad into a whopping 1.05g's!

Lets get a campaign together and support "Project Yaris" to try and persuade the guys over at SCC.

Also to up the campaign and to bring it outside of their forums here is their e-mail address to direct persuasion to the Editor and Staff.

sccnews@primedia.com

Staff E-mail:

Editor: edward.loh@primedia.com
Associate Senior Editor: james.tate@primedia.com

So come on guys and lets see if we can get this to work!
RodimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I think the Yaris is starting to get a strong image with these magazines, there is another one (can't remember if it's "Modified" or "Turbo" already with a project Yaris), but Sport Compact Car is the grandaddy of them all

I think the Yaris is a great platform for some crazy projects because, well, nobody would suspect such a small car of being able to do anything more than haul groceries It can be an ultimate sleeper, or they can make it able to turn lots of heads pretty easily... I hope something good comes out of this! Yaris Power!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
I think the Yaris is such a great project car because it is affordable. Just about everyone can afford a Yaris and put a couple grand into mods and have a very quick little car. I think the American car market is going to be swinging towards the smaller compacts as the gas situation gets worse and worse (think $5 a gallon after we start up with Iran) and while we are willing to drive the sub-compacts this does not mean we have to drive a stock cookie cutter car. The Yaris is a good platform for individualizing and customizing.

In three words: More with less!
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Emails sent! Thanks for the idea, Rodimus P
Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
RodimusPrime

C'mon guys, I know there are TONS of you wanting to see this happen! Give them a reason to listen!

I won't be posting the thread on SCC until I've got atleast some respectable interest from this community.

So please, Get with it!

Give them the reason why they should build such a vehicle! Hell, It could end up being more publicity for this community. Isn't that worth it enough?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
fu_im_from_texas

Drives: Liftback
Send a message via AIM to fu_im_from_texas
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusPrime View Post
C'mon guys, I know there are TONS of you wanting to see this happen! Give them a reason to listen!

+1 ill shoot 'em an email
fu_im_from_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
88ShelbyZ

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to 88ShelbyZ
Way way back when Super Street ran a feature on the Yashio Factory Vitz. Thing had a Blitz supercharger and they loved it. Of course, I haven't read Super Street in 3 years, so I couldn't tell you if its even a good magazine anymore.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
RodimusPrime

lol, This isn't about any other Yaris vehicles. This is about SCC taking a stock yaris and modifying it to their own goals. Never read SS. Thought it was a joke of a magazine.

I'm a bit upset on the lack of interest. Seems like you guys don't give two shits about seeing someone really modify one of these with the possibility of replication.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I don't read SC, but if they have a article on the Yaris, I'll have to go and check it out.

I think TRD would be enough to get 1G out of the Yaris, but it'd be nice to see what SC comes up with.

What would be a cool comparison, is the fastest track car that can return better then 30mpg (us). Under those criteria, you'd need a car that's made of aluminum with a direct injection engine to take on the Yaris.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote