Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Blitz S/C maintenance questions

The manuals provided with my used supercharger include no maintenance information. Nor have I found anything detailed here on the forum.

1) volume of oil in S/C.
2) grade of oil in S/C.
3) oil change interval (50,000 mile and life-time fill both suggested in posts).
4) clutch maintenance/lubrication (mines rattling lately when free-wheeling).

Hopefully someone has a Blitz document that addresses these points. Assistance with these questions would be appreciated.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Problem with the Blitz is it has no drain or fill although there is a casting for both on the snout. I would say that if you are adventurous, you could drill and tap both and do what Blitz failed to. As for the proper amount of oil and type, I would say that the GM supercharger oil would be more than sufficient as the only difference between ours and theirs is the type of vane used. Flat versus screw. I'm tempted to drill and tap mine before the install so I don't have to deal with it after but short of a leak, I don't think there is any good reason to mess with it. The supercharger isn't subject to combustion gasses nor excessive heat so the theory that it's "Lifetime" or "life of the engine" oil is probably correct. My 2 cents, take it or leave it.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
07stlYaris
If Its Not Blown It Sucks

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Meteorite
Oh yeah and as for the clutch, you might be screwed. They are very similar to an a/c clutch and my experience with those is when they get loose, the next stage is failure. I've never heard of a rebuild but since it's just the bearing that usually goes, you should be able to replace it as long as it hasn't shelled out. 2 more cents worth.
07stlYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Thanks for your input. My unit does have drain and fill plugs although they are less than accessible. A vacuum out and refill from the upper most plug would be the best bet.
Sounds like I need to chase down a supplier for the clutch.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Get GM supercharger oil for a cobalt
Old 10-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #6
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
Anyone ever get any info on the exact weight of the oil and the mile change and how much oil and anybody ever get part numbers for an AC clutch that might work with our Blitz kit
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #7
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
Bump