Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmiyake View Post
i've got the single low beam bulbs, so no DRL, but i did noticed when i turn the lights switch one notch, just to turn off the head lights, but with the rear and corner lights still on, the HID will flicker for afew more seconds before it finally turns completely off.

would replacing those bulbs with bi-xenon bulbs sovlve this problem? with bi-xenon bulbs, would i get DRL ?
I think you need to call your seller to help you out in this situation, the more you mess with it the more it's get complex.

If you do have DRL = Day Time Running Light, you will need to disconnect it someway or somehow, either a fuse, a plug or something.
HID don't like DRL

My gf got a Aveo, and she got h4 bulb with DRL, so to be able to install HID, i need to remove the DRL plug under her steering wheel to disable DRL, and then when you install HID you will loose DRL.

Or as other said you can wire it to highbeam and use your highbeam as HID, but if you don't know then it's will be a mess.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #20
ecmiyake

Drives: yaris, venza
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
How can you not have DRL? It has been mandatory since 1991 that all vehicles sold in Canada have DRL.
i have DRL from the stock bulb of course, i'm talking about the xenon H4 bulb i've got now it's a low only bulb, so no DRL.

so i have to remove the DRL relay in order for the lights to work properly? waiting for an answer for those of you got the bi-xenon or H4 hi/lo kit, that, with those 2 kits, would you still have your DRL?

thanks.
ecmiyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you likely still have your drl's active and its friggin up your ballasts when you don't run w/ the low beams actually on

the bixenon kits i sell come with a relay so that you don't need to disconnect your drl module, the hid's just won't fire up when the wattage is too low....PM if you're interested, i have several H4 kits in stock in varying colour temps...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
YotaYaris

Drives: 09 3dr (sold), 12 SE 5spd : )
Not trying to jack this thread, but sounds like you should get another kit with both high and low, not just low. Cut your losses and frustration and buy a good set of HID's
What is the best and most cost effective HID kit for the Yaris? I am very interested in getting some.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #23
kargoboy

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan/'03 Protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYaris View Post
Not trying to jack this thread, but sounds like you should get another kit with both high and low, not just low. Cut your losses and frustration and buy a good set of HID's
What is the best and most cost effective HID kit for the Yaris? I am very interested in getting some.
Get them from Garm/Micro Image.
kargoboy is offline   Reply With Quote