Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
sparco

Made a trip down to their location in Irvine, CA, yesterday. Picked up a few things I need for my next mod and snapped a few pics of the facility.

I'll update this thread with the progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180628_133143.jpg (171.1 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg 20180628_133432.jpg (144.4 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 20180628_133917.jpg (168.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg 20180628_133724.jpg (160.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 20180628_133132.jpg (301.7 KB, 178 views)

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
That must have been fun! Looking forward to your updates.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Driver of the seat in the last picture must have had a lot of Taco Bell. ROTFLMAO
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
That must have been fun! Looking forward to your updates.
It was pretty cool, yes. If all goes as planned, I should have a couple updates over the next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Driver of the seat in the last picture must have had a lot of Taco Bell. ROTFLMAO

On Wheelwell
Old 07-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
ern-diz

The final result below!

Only issue I ran into is a flashing passenger seat belt light. We relocated the factory seat belt buckles and respective wiring to the sparco seats and reconnected the wire harnesses, with the exception of the air bag modules (obviously). We expected to see the amber 'airbag off' light to the right of the AC vent, as well as the red airbag light on the dash cluster itself. What we didn't expect to see is a red flashing passenger seat belt light on the same panel to the right of the AC vent where the airbag on/off lights are.

The passenger seat belt buckle had two wire harnesses for what we believed to be the seat belt and airbag. The driver seat had a third harness (no idea what for). Both seat belts buckle and there is no beeping. Unbuckling the driver seat belt produces a red seat belt light on the dash cluster, as normal. Buckling the driver seat belt makes that light go away, so I'm sure the flashing seat belt light on the right side in the air bag on/off light area is related to the passenger seat belt. Buckling the passenger seat belt doesn't make the light disappear. We tested coming to a hard stop and both seat belts still lock-up under hard braking. Everything appears to be normal, so I can't understand why the blinking passenger seat belt light appeared. The only thing we didn't reconnect on the passenger seat was the airbag wire harness.

I'm searching the forum/internet for answers but if anyone knows what we did wrong, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180708_175444.jpg (121.1 KB, 138 views)

On Wheelwell
Old 07-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #6
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
The final result below!

Only issue I ran into is a flashing passenger seat belt light. We relocated the factory seat belt buckles and respective wiring to the sparco seats and reconnected the wire harnesses, with the exception of the air bag modules (obviously). We expected to see the amber 'airbag off' light to the right of the AC vent, as well as the red airbag light on the dash cluster itself. What we didn't expect to see is a red flashing passenger seat belt light on the same panel to the right of the AC vent where the airbag on/off lights are.

The passenger seat belt buckle had two wire harnesses for what we believed to be the seat belt and airbag. The driver seat had a third harness (no idea what for). Both seat belts buckle and there is no beeping. Unbuckling the driver seat belt produces a red seat belt light on the dash cluster, as normal. Buckling the driver seat belt makes that light go away, so I'm sure the flashing seat belt light on the right side in the air bag on/off light area is related to the passenger seat belt. Buckling the passenger seat belt doesn't make the light disappear. We tested coming to a hard stop and both seat belts still lock-up under hard braking. Everything appears to be normal, so I can't understand why the blinking passenger seat belt light appeared. The only thing we didn't reconnect on the passenger seat was the airbag wire harness.

I'm searching the forum/internet for answers but if anyone knows what we did wrong, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

Those seats look great in the yaris. Probably a bit more comfortable than stock, I'm guessing

I think the passenger light has something to do with the sensor in the oem seat that detects the weight of when someone is sitting there and maybe the lack of that sensor is causing the light...
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Y View Post
Those seats look great in the yaris. Probably a bit more comfortable than stock, I'm guessing

I think the passenger light has something to do with the sensor in the oem seat that detects the weight of when someone is sitting there and maybe the lack of that sensor is causing the light...
It's funny because as a bigger dude, the bottom part of the factory seats might have been a little more comfortable. The sparco's are more narrow so the bolstering on them bite into my hips a bit more. However, everything else about them is far more comfortable. The back support is better, they sit lower in the car so my door and center arm rests have become more comfortable, I feel like I gained an inch or two of leg room and I'm able to bring the steering wheel all the way down to it's lowest position without bumping my right knee against it when braking. If it wasn't for the bottom part of the sparco's being a little more narrow and their bolstering biting into my hips a bit, they'd be more comfortable in every way. In the end, it's still comfortable and with all the other gains, I'm super happy with them.

As for the sensor, that's what it sounds like my problem is.

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 07-12-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #8
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
It's funny because as a bigger dude, the bottom part of the factory seats, might have been a little more comfortable. The sparco's are more narrow so the bolstering on them bite into my hips a bit more. However, everything else about them is far more comfortable. The back support is better, they sit lower in the car so my door and center arm rests have become more comfortable, I feel like I gained an inch or two of leg room and I'm able to bring the steering wheel all the way down to it's lowest position without bumping my right knee against it when braking. If it wasn't for the bottom part of the sparco's being a little more narrow and their bolstering biting into my hips a bit, they'd be more comfortable in every way. In the end, it's still comfortable and with all the other gains, I'm super happy with them.

As for the sensor, that's what it sounds like my problem is.
I have a feeling the padding will adjust to you over time and they’ll be a better fit. One thing I don’t like about most OEM seats is they’re usually not deep enough, those look nice and deep.
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #9
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
I don't mean to be a thread necromancer here, but have a few questions. Looking into some Recaros for my hatch but was curious about the height drop. I'm about 5'5" (we Asians are short haha), is the height difference drastic enough to impact visibility between the stock seats and the sparcos? My plan is wedge brackets with their sliders and Recaro Speed seats. Other thing, how easy is it to get into the back seat?
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #10
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
I don't mean to be a thread necromancer here, but have a few questions. Looking into some Recaros for my hatch but was curious about the height drop. I'm about 5'5" (we Asians are short haha), is the height difference drastic enough to impact visibility between the stock seats and the sparcos? My plan is wedge brackets with their sliders and Recaro Speed seats. Other thing, how easy is it to get into the back seat?
In terms of seating position, I definitely went down a couple inches. Can't say exactly how much, but my door and center armrests feel like they work better now because I'm lower, so they support me a bit more. Not enough to have changed my view of the windshield, though. It's really only a couple inches and only noticeable when placing your arms on the rests.

Getting into the back seat is no different, other than I don't have the auto slide forward feature on the passenger side like I did with the stock seat. Having said that, my sparco R100's are adjustable. If you go with non-adjusting Recaro's, it will be a different story.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #11
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Quote:
In terms of seating position, I definitely went down a couple inches. Can't say exactly how much, but my door and center armrests feel like they work better now because I'm lower, so they support me a bit more. Not enough to have changed my view of the windshield, though. It's really only a couple inches and only noticeable when placing your arms on the rests.

Getting into the back seat is no different, other than I don't have the auto slide forward feature on the passenger side like I did with the stock seat. Having said that, my sparco R100's are adjustable. If you go with non-adjusting Recaro's, it will be a different story.
Thanks! This definitely helps, probably won't be getting seats until next year. Need to do some work to the transmission first so that takes priority.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote