Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post

I think not, when we use less gas, the price will go up!!
Trust me if people dont buy something the price will go DOWN not UP.

I get managers specials in the supermarket on meat one day before the date expires. Its hald price! Just got my wife filet mignon for $5.99 a pound!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
One major difference between Apple and your pity party for the poor oil companies is that while I do not have to purchase from Apple, I don't have much choice but to deal with with oil companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^^^^^ Liberal victim mentality. Liberal elite hypocrites want to stamp out your individuality and nurture that collectivist ideal for YOU (makes it easier for them to control you), but they don't practice what they preach. No one is forcing you into particular living circumstances that require you deal with oil companies. You don't have to toe some specific line re major decisions. This isn't North Korea. If oil companies get under your skin to that extent, you could move to a metro with great public transportation and a residence with electric heat. One thing I've noticed about liberal bastions around this country is that businesses find a need to protect themselves from people who want something for nothing. Look at the restroom issues in liberal hellholes like parts of San Francisco and parts of Berkeley (I'm a 5th generation SF Bay Area native, BTW). Businesses require you get a key...or don't allow access at all...because people come in, use the restroom, and don't buy anything. Look at the filth left by the Occupy Wall Street crowd, and the disgusting activities they engaged in (No, not the protests). Compare that to what an outdoor venue looks like after a large Tea Party event....the difference is like the difference between night and day. This is because people associated with the latter understand that respect and self reliance are intertwined. They don't pass the buck. They don't assume someone else is responsible for the clean up. They clean up after themselves.

I stopped at the Starbucks in your town (near I-81) while I was on vacation last October. It is the only suburban/rural Starbucks I've ever patronized that had both a locked door restroom that required a key AND a guard in uniform in the parking lot to make sure all the people parking were going in the Starbucks .....too many JMU students who want something for nothing?

What would you change if you had the power? Nationalize the oil companies so they'd be owned by the government? That works in Norway....a nation with 5 million people, a largely homogenous population (86 % are ethnic Norwegians) and an economy that is about 1/33rd the size of the U.S. economy. Try it here? Chaos would ensue.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #21
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
That first part is true.
As for the second part half of the oil ever formed is already in the ocean. It was formed under permiable rock layer and over hundreds of millions of year, worked its way upwards and eith into the oceans or if on land was washed into the oceans by rain. The oil we now drill was trapped by impremiable layer of rock.
Anyway the oceans are polluted by salt and the discharge of volcanoes under water. Land life would die if washed into the ocean. We cant drink salt water.
Yet mamals live in it and they CAN drink salt water.
Whatever happens life will adapt. There have been mass extinctions before and they will happens again. Life always bounces back!
Just that the next time when it does it won't have ipods.
If you believe that theory. Russia doesn't. I don't, and many others don't either. The same exact scientist (who was Russian, btw) who came up with the dinosaur theory also later in life came up with the theory that oil is a byproduct of natural earth processes. And since oil wells that use to be dry are now full, and Russia has found oil under bedrock, it makes a ton more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Spoken by someone trying to manipulate the ignorant masses, that Cook guy. Funny how no one talks about Kyoto now that Bush is gone...

Climate change is a moot point. If real we will do NOTHING to stop it until it is too late. Atmospheric pollution is now in the hands of the Chinese and Indians who build ever more coal fired power plants and drive more cars. Most of GMs cars sold today are sold in China. We also generate 50% of our power by coal and that aint changing either.

I wonder is the water rising enough in Venice so they have to close down the city? Funny supposedly the water level is rising but you dont hear them complaining.

Maybe the scientests say "Well its rising everwhere else BUT Venice!"
Everyone now understands Kyoto was total and utter crap. If every country went by it the kyoto protocol might lower the temperature 1/4 degree in 100 years or so. Totally useless.

Warming is not something we are contributing to. The sun is the main contributor, as every single other planet and body in our solar system is rising in temp the exact same amount earth is. i don't see any people on any of those other planets.

And the water level in Venice is not rising, the entire city of Venice is actively sinking. The water can easily be pumped back out into the ocean. They have massive barriers to keep out the ocean. Hmm, I wonder why New Orleans doesn't have the same system.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
They (OPEC) write their own supply and demand theories.
If Obama hadn't put a wet blanket on drilling on federal lands, as well as other restrictions he is responsible for, we might have become energy independent already...or close.......and your assertion....the case or not....would be moot.

Now?.......ugh.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote