Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
Power Package

I got my yaris S early april and im loving it. But i got it all stock. do you guys know how much i would have to spend to maybe upgrade the power package at the dealership. Im located in Florida.. One more thing does anybody elses yaris volume go up when there driving then when you stop the volume goes down.. Hopefully me and my friends arent going crazy.
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
The volume going up sounds like a noise sensing volume control. It is something that some newer cars have, didn't think something like the Yaris would have it.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #3
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Yea, hit the right nob a couple of times (bass, treb, balance ect) until you get to something called asl, i think its called that, but put that to off. If its on it'll turn up the volume when you start moving, like i fyou have alll the windows down and you want the music to sort of override the sound.
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
AestheticalFilm

Drives: Ford Taurus...ew yeah i know
why is it being on a bad thing?
when i drive to school/work/anywhere, i drive fast, but i enevitably have to break. so i am constantly changing the volume from when im at a light to when im going 75 down the highway.

little things like this are amazing, just like the printer that prints the last page of a multi-page paper first so you dont have to re-organize them
AestheticalFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Uglyboyed

oooh ok... i did put the asl on high on my car but i didnt know exactly what it did.. i just thought it made the volume louder.. but when i think about its actually pretty neat. i may leave it that way.. still wish i had some power locks and windows. i asked the online chat person on toyota.com and they told me 1,700. haha yeah right ima call the dealership and ask
Old 05-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #6
w1ngzer0

Drives: Subaru Impreza
its probobly going to be really expensive to have it installed at a dealership since you've already got the car.

The best and cheapest way to go is aftermarket at this point.
w1ngzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #7
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Power windows and locks after the fact is a huge job, if the wiring isn't already there, they'll have to wire it up, add the motors for the windows, add the power lock mechanisms, add the switches, not to mention replacing all 4 door panels with panels that have the switchgear...
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
Uglyboyed

OOOOUCH!!! I guess i wont have any power in my car.. besides that im loving my car.. I came from a 92 paseo with 210,000 miles so im used to it.

anyways hammer will make me feel alot better!!!
GO HAMMER GO HAMMER GO!!!
Name:  mchammer.gif
Views: 411
Size:  66.0 KB
Old 05-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Uglyboyed

how much am i looking to spend if i go aftermarket?
Old 05-05-2006, 04:40 PM   #10
jah

Drives: Hatch
My dealer said the power package was a Factory installed option only, along with the keyless entry and the side air bags. Other options could be installed at the port, others at the dealer.
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
Macel

Drives: Yaris 5spd Sedan

Power package includes ABS... I asked my dealer if I could just have the ABS installed and he told me that was something that could only be installed at the factory. You can choose whether to believe him or not.
Macel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #12
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
LOL, Toyota lists ABS as a stand alone option. But it is still prolly a factory install.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
Macel

Drives: Yaris 5spd Sedan

ABS was somewhat important to me since I will have to drive it through the brutal northeast winters. Im a little disappointed that I would have to buy the $1,000+ power package in order to have it. Oh well, I've driven a car w/o ABS for 6 years, only slid off the road a couple times.
Macel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:49 AM   #14
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
i don't think we have that volume control setting on the canadian yaris's, i'll check tomorow morning. it would be nice if it did, my dads malibu does, and its great.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #15
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macel
Power package includes ABS... I asked my dealer if I could just have the ABS installed and he told me that was something that could only be installed at the factory. You can choose whether to believe him or not.
The PP only comes with ABS on the Sedan.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #16
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
i don't think we have that volume control setting on the canadian yaris's, i'll check tomorow morning. it would be nice if it did, my dads malibu does, and its great.
I don't think we do, but we do have the EQ on the MP3 radio. That's a nice feature when you have a sub. If you set the sub up this function can change the way a song sounds, depending on how much bass the song has. I've made a few MP3 discs lately and I find depending on the type of music I change these back and forth (Compact,Sedan, minivan) to get the most out of that type.

Does the US have this function, or are we special? We'll we are all a little special, just some more than others. LOL.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #17
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
hey jcove, is this a factory sub u talking about, or something u can get at an audio shop. does the factory stereo have pre outs for subs?
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote